Chapter - 28

Aileen's POV

'I want that paper Shazman.' I asked with all firmness as if that paper was my high school certificate.

'I haven't written any love letter yet. But Just wait I will surely give you one.' he winked

Allah!

Seriously? How could he make jokes at this serious point!!

'Have some Sabr, wify' He again said with an amused look

'Shazman'

'yes, my love?'

'I am serious'

'Me too' he said whilst controlling his laugh

'Ok Fine!' I said and turned around to move outside the room until his voice stopped me in my tracks.

'Ma Shaa Allah'

'What so Ma Shaa Allah?' I asked, his eyes looked like a deep ocean, shining with positiveness but little did he know everything was so dark. The current calm moment was screaming of the arrival of the upcoming disaster which could only be heard by me, and no one else.

No one!

I saw the worst.

Worst? I don't know whether this word was enough to express my agony.

I saw the darkest of dark and felt beyond extreme pain.
I heard the acute silence which is enough to wish for your own death and I witnessed the howl of intense pang.

I saw something beyond worst.

I felt something beyond ruin.

I felt everything.

Everything!

Now I fear. I wanted to step beyond my fear but no matter what, I couldn't able to find the way. Or maybe the way never exists.

Not all dreams are bliss. Some are nightmares. Nightmares which will haunt you in your eyes closed and even in your eyes open. And you have no other option left than just to taste your own burn.

'Everything in front of my eyes is beautiful. Oh God! Today I fall once again. You are looking like an angry bird.' He said.

Why he was calling me beautiful.

Didn't he saw my scars? My whole self is decorated with scars which remind me of every cry, every look!

'Don't lie, it is forbidden in Islam' I simply said.

'I don't lie, my lady, if you remember. Allah made you for me so why won't I appreciate my property?'

I looked down.

His every word seemed so promising, drenched in truth. But I feared to believe. I feared to appreciate me. Because I know I am not worthy. My past took away my value. And most important my other self, my love, my twin.

Shazman approached me and kissed my forehead which acted like water on the fire, fire which was inside my inner self burning my leftover pride.

'I fear, Shazman.' I said with my eyes closed with a vulnerable voice

'Don't fear, I am with you. Above all Allah is with us. We will make it together.' He said.

'Shazman I want to know where is that paper which was covered over a stone when the last incident happened.'

'I have.'

'Where? Did you read what is written inside?'

'Yes'

And at this, my heart skipped a beat.

No. No. No...
I don't want him to drag in any of these.

'Why are you so concerned about that paper? There was nothing as such written.'

'Please show me.' I requested.

'ok,' he went to the side bed drawer and took out a crumpled paper.

While holding it my hands were terribly shivering.

I open that piece and read.

Do you want to share your chocolate cookies with me?

It felt like my heart would stop beating any minute.

'We have to leave this house' i said still in shock.

' why? That's just about chocolate cookies. What's wrong?'

'You don't know anything Shazman, you don't know.' my vision started to blur.

'I only told you my past in nutshell. I know him. He is a monster. He can do anything.'

'Tell me, Aileen. What is this about?'

'This is not the first time I got something like this.'

'Means you've got something like this before too?'

'yes'

'God! Why you didn't tell me?'

'Shazman he is after you. He will torture you now. He wants to snatch away everything from me which I love. I can't bear your absence now. I already lost my brother and I don't want to lose you.' I said almost crying like a baby.'

'Aileen, listen. No one can hurt me or you. You are mine. You are my responsibility. Nothing such things will happen again, and I promise. I will find him, from anywhere. I never lie, my love. Just believe.' he said with assuring tone.

'I believe you.'

'Then trust me, Hayati.'

#

Chapter 28 continues in the next part...

Like • Comment • Share

💙