Chapter - 2

Aileen's POV

It is the time for Fajr prayer and my phone started ringing the alarm. I just touched my phone with closed eyes and the alarm stopped and I could finally regain my sleep. Just after ten minutes, my phone started ringing again.

"Oh I touched on the snooze option" I mumbled.

Well, with heavy eyes I woke up. Moved towards the washroom, did ablution (wudu) and stood in front of my Lord to pray. After I was done with praying, I watched my cell phone and started checking some notification on that. There were lots of messages from my friends and cousins on Watsapp. After replying all of them I checked the time and it was 7:00 am.

I moved out of my room and headed towards the kitchen to make breakfast for my parents. I always make breakfast whenever I have no classes to attend. So, I decided to make two cups of tea for mum and dad. I found my parents in the living room reading newspaper.

"Assalamualikum" I said.

"Walaikum Assalam" they said in unison with a great smile

I served them tea and sat with them too.

"So at what time you have to reach the department?" Dad asked

"Department?!" I questioned with a confused look on my face.

"Yes dear, you forgot, today you have to submit your application form," Dad said and then the realisation hit me.

"Oh yes I completely forgot, well dad we have to reach there around 9:30 am," I said

"Ok, I will drop you there in my way to the office."

"You are not coming with me?" I questioned in surprise.

"Dear I have to attend an urgent meeting today. So I can't" Dad said.

"Ok, I understand," I said in a low tone.

"Good. So go and get ready I will leave exactly at 9 o'clock."

"Ok," I said.

I still had enough time to make an omelette and cheese sandwich. I quickly finished my breakfast. Then I realised that I had only half an hour left to get ready. I quickly went to my room, opened the wardrobe and started thinking of what to wear. Finally, I chose a dark green dress with a long top and a white bottom. I moved towards my washroom, quickly took a bath, wore my clothes, tied a green floral hijab and fixed my Abaya in last.

"I am finally ready." I sighed.

I checked my documents again and finally came out of the room. I found my dad waiting for me in the hall with car keys in his hands.

"Allah Hafiz Mum," I said.

"Allah Hafiz dear, all the best for your admission." My mum said with a smiling face.

I moved out of the house with a fake smile and entered into the car.
In hardly 20 minutes, I reached the college. I noticed that the department was so large and beautifully architected.

"Allah Hafiz dear," my dad said of which I replied back.

And he then went into the car and headed towards his office.

#

Chapter 2 continues in the next part...

Vote • Comments • Share