Chapter - 8

Aileen's​ POV

Twelve days had been passed after the incident that happened in Sana's marriage and from then I had never seen that Fahad boy again neither I got any messages.

"So class you all have to do a survey from any random village about poverty level, population level, income, occupation, literacy rate and all and with that, you have to prepare a systematic data too. So students take this assignment seriously because the marks from it will count in your final exams. Is that clear?" Yusuf sir spoke

"Okay sir" the whole class replied with laziness in their voice because no one wanted to go to the village area and collect data in that bright sunny season.

"And one more thing, I will also provide you last year's assignments of your seniors for your guide. So that you all can get the correct pattern."
We all agreed to Yusuf sir and in the next period, he started passing assignments of our seniors randomly by calling our names.

"Alex"

"Bilal"

"Angelina"

"Roger"

"Jaf "

"Sebastian"

"Carl"

"Aneeba"

"Aileen"

By hearing my name I stood up from my chair and proceeded​ towards Yusuf sir.

After distributing all the assignments of seniors which they made last year, Yusuf sir left the class by saying:
"And remember one thing, after you all done; return the assignments to seniors by yourself. I am not going to take the burden of those assignments again."

~

Finally, all the classes were over. I was standing on the bus stop waiting for the bus. I heard​ buzzing sound of my beautiful mobile. I unlock my phone and noticed​ a message from an unknown number.

You were looking so beautiful, hotty ;)
- your loving smoker.

This time didn't know why I didn't felt any fear and blocked​ that number with my full frustration at the very moment.

I reached my home; did Zuhr prayer and then had lunch. I was feeling so tired so I decided to take a small nap.
I wake up at Asr time. I was feeling so fresh and peaceful so I decided​ to read the Quran. I recited​ Surah Yaseen and Surah Rehman.

'And which of the favours of your Lord would you deny?'

Most beautiful lines in Surah Rehman. Indeed Allah showers His unlimited bounties upon us but we never thank Him. Indeed, Allah is most merciful, the One who forgives, the One who loves us the most, the One who gives strength, the One to whom we belong and shall return to Him.

I remembered​ about Yusuf Sir's project. So I decided​ to take a quick glance on the project of one of my senior so that I could choose a better village to survey. I opened​ the project and on the very first page, I read a name to whom the project really belongs.
I became freeze. As though all the air from me had been struck out. Why?

It reads,

'Shazman Malik'

That's totally ridiculous. And later I had to return this to him on my own! Gosh!

Well ok, I would, after all, Allah is always with me. I believed​ in him. By this thought, I turned​ more pages in the project and I realised​ that the handwriting was so neat and nice. Generally, I heard that boys' handwriting sucks but that one was really beautiful. Well, not much good as mine (feeling a little bit jealous).

I pushed​ all my thoughts away and started​ analysing the project carefully.

~

I and Aneeba were sitting on the back bench and discussing which village should be better for doing a survey. I decided to do a survey with Aneeba. We shared​ some important details about the project.

We had chosen the village name 'Halton'. We were surprised to see that there were 80% of the population which was educated. That was a small village. We also organised some awareness camp there from our own pocket money and people were actively taking part in it. Along with awareness programs, we also organised a small primary school for children and a health care centre from the funds of our university by the order of administration.

Finally, after one week of doing a survey with Aneeba, we completed our assignments. It was so fun to survey a totally unknown village with beautiful scenes which gave immense pleasure to our vision.

#

Vote • Comments • Share