Chapter - 28

Aileen's POV

Fear

Since the day when I told my past to Shazman, he started to love me more. I was surprised. I thought he would leave me and why shouldn't I think that? Who wants a broken girl by his side like me? But Shazman was different.

He started to care me more, love me more and became very possessive towards me.

Whenever I asked him about those warning letters that, 'what we are going to do about these?' He always replied to me with a heart melting smile and told 'Don't worry! Let me handle this stuff.'

But somewhere deep behind all the wonderful smiles and assuring words I could see the 'fear'. A fear which I felt as close as anyone can.

There was a fear residing in his chestnut eyes, trying to hide behind all the walls. But he didn't aware that I had gone through the fearest of fear which more like became my friend, a friend who never leaves your side, ever.

I was standing in front of my room's wall-length mirror, combing my long brown hair. I was trying to recognise the lady standing in front of me.

Was she the same one who I knew so far?

Her pale skin got the tint of Scarlett, her pink lips got a little upward curve and her thin form became a little healthy.

She looked happy.

Despite all the changes, her hazel eyes remain the same. Not about the very colour and shape but the reflection in her eyes which remain the same. The light which once there has lost its electrons. The very fire in those orbs remain the same and the very eyes which carry an eerie silence remain the same.

Physically something had been changed but deeply everything was same, still fresh!

Suddenly the familiar image which was in front of me disrupted by another figure.

I knew it was a nightmare.

The figure with straight upright grey hair and fair skin with a long mark on his forehead.

His cold eyes were glaring as if wanted to kerf me into two.

I knew it was a nightmare which I was getting for so long. But this time his figure appeared old and his face also got some wrinkles under his eyes.

Despite all the physical change, he looked the same, horrible. He made me like him too.

As he looked different but still the same, so I.

He still carried the same terror in his eyes just like I couldn't able to lose my fear. More or less, we both are the same after all these years.

He had the same horror reflection in his eyes which I couldn't able to forget till my last breath.

I know this is a nightmare but I still couldn't figure out why this time his presence scared me more than never before in nightmares.

He had the same attire which he wore the day when I lost my lovely brother and when half of me died.

My hands became cold. This time felt colder than ice. The very air which I breathe started suffocating me.

Although I knew that he wasn't real but still this time my mind was screaming to somehow to wake me up from the dreadful nightmare.

But then I heard another scream from my inner self,
'You're not sleeping, you're not dreaming, you're not in any of your nightmares.'

And there my heart skipped some of its breath. I felt his fingers touched my brown hairs.

I heard him, I heard his words which acted as a sharp razor into my ears.

My skin became pale as it was before. The little girl of 12 years returned.

I heard him, which was enough to recall my other half's death...
'You always have beautiful hair, my Ailee, miss me?'

#

♥️

Like • Comments • Share

Author's note:
While writing these chapters my hands started to tremble. I don't know because of this story or due to some other reason😁

Well apart from jokes, I want to know how this chapter was?

Thank you :)

Keep shining!🌟