Chapter - 25

Aileen's POV

I found myself in a storm. Everything was destroying including my heart. My heart was started beating fast as it could. I didn't know what to do, where to go, whom to call. My mind was just busy in denying the most bitter truth.

But how long?

How long could I deny? Those letters were the clear indication that my life and anything related to it was in utter danger.

Shazman wasn't aware of anything. He couldn't be the victim of the destruction which was done by me. My heart was rapidly hammering against my chest.

Where are you Shazman?

Ya Allah, why?

I wanted to finish myself, I couldn't bear this much. My life was such a mess. Every time I wanted to save something, it got lost.

I really wanted him, needed him.

"Aileen"

I heard a voice came from the main door and I saw Shazman was coming with a paper bag in his hand.

"What happened Aileen? You are terribly shaking, God! You have high fever." He said with all his concerned voice

After watching him infront of my eyes, I felt like all the burden from my shoulders were now removed and I was taken back from the punishment. I quickly embraced him tightly as if he is the only thing on which my life depends. He was in little surprised by my sudden reaction but after awhile he embraced me too with his large protective arms trying to calm me down. I didn't know that I was crying.

"Hey, nothing to worry Hayati. I am here." He said in a soft voice.

"Never leave me like that." I spoke between my continuous snobs.

"I just went to buy your medicines."

"You are my medicine. Just be with me." I said in a low voice, but he heard and gave a kiss on my forehead.

"Here I am addicted to you and you are calling me your drug." he said in an amusing tone.

I chuckled.

"Ok now have your medicines. From which I mean 'Medicines'. Okay?" He said while emphasizing the word- medicine.

I smiled and had my medicines of different colours.

~

It had been since four days but Shazman didn't asked me anything.

What was written on that paper?
Why I was so afraid?
What was bothering me?

Nothing.

And I was really thankful for this.

I didn't know how to told him. Recalling all 'those' memories' were like scratching my whole body till it starts bleeding. I wanted to stay away from this as more I could.

But watching Shazman's face in pain was so disturbing for me. It seemed like I was the reason behind his grief. And the truth is,

I was.

I really was the reason behind his pain. He was looking so helpless, so defeated. I am falling for him.

Despite arguing with me he was just waiting for me to told everything by myself. I have to told him everything anyhow. I should have to ready for its aftereffects. I didn't know whether I was ready to face all the things or not but what I knew was that I couldn't able to saw Shazman more defeated.

I wanted to be the reason for his happiness and not of his grief.

We prayed our Isha Salah together and after then he started doing some work on his laptop. I still didn't know where he works and what he works.

Strange?

Yeah, I know.

"Can I talk to you if you're not so busy in your work?" I asked

"Is this even worth asking?" He questioned me back with a great full smile.

Ya Allah! That smile.

"Where do you work?"

"Okay, so my wife wants to know about her husband." He spoke in a teasing tone.

My cheeks fumed red.

"By the way I work in Lashiere company." He said

"Lashiere? The same Lashiere which has its branches almost in all the counties of the world?" I asked in utter surprise

"Do you know the other Lashiere company?" He said while hiding his smile.

"Oh, No sorry. That's great Ma Shaa Allah." I said while biting my lower lip.

"So it means that you can shop whatever you want. Isn't this cool?" He said with an exciting tone and just for a minute reflection of Aneeba flashed infront of my eyes. She is always like hungry for shopping.

I really missed her.

"Do you like shopping?" I asked

"Not really much. But girls generally loves to shop. Well, for your more information my dear wifey I will be the CEO of Lashiere company soon. This company owns by my father." he said

CEO?

Did I heard right?

Or I just overheard?

"Close you mouth Mrs Shazman Malik or else I won't resist myself to kiss." He said in an easy tone.

From this sentence I came out from my shock. And I suddenly started feeling uncomfortable. I wasn't expecting this fron him. How can he just simply say that?

I was sitting on his side sofa, he stood up from his place and started leaning towards me. I was so terrified. His cologne passed through my nostrils and for some reason I loved it. But his closeness was leaving me in oblivion. My lashes were continuously flickering.

He came closer to my ear and whispered,

"I didn't know that I have this much effect on you. By the way, I like this tint on your face dear."

#

Like • Comments • Share

Author's Note:

How was this chapter?
I know it's short 😐