23rd Dare

[[ This is a more serious chapter/Dare here, you don't have to read this at all, okay? You can go ahead and skip this because there will be mature content contained in this. Warning for dark themes, note that this will be a very harsh and serious chapter here that it turned into some one shot drabbles because why not.

Warning for Dark Themes and suggested mature content and terrible writing because I slacked off and got very lazy ]]

Titan-squad Dared:

'(( I wanna dare Jean to go to Darco's universe alone so badly. But I don't want him to die. But then, best dare. But then, Jean might die. Oh screw it, I dare Jean to go to the 'Darkly Impaled' universe [A AU of Titan-squad's squad]))

*Gives him a random box, not realizing it's his universe box.* Take this. I'm gonna give you a few of 'em, I just want you to get used to using them.'

He blinked his eyes as he held the white box, turning it around as he examined it closely.

Holding the surprisingly soft feeling square box, cold to the light that it made the skin on his hands prickle up.

Feeling it around the edges, fingers curling and slender digits lightly ghosting it before he gave out a shuddering breath.

"Okay... got it..." Jean mumbled, feeling surprisingly anxious about doing this alone, traveling to another universe? Without a companion, anyone to help him survive through his blunders, it just sounded scary.

Scary to him but he has to man up anyways, do it alone, pick up big boy pants which he gave a light chuckle at that.

Golden eyes turning up, looking at Marco, eyes scanning the observing male, seeing the drastic differences between his own Marco and this own from memory.

A sweet and bitter reminder that he's dead and this wasn't.

He guessed only the strong survive in this cruel world, not even the brightest and kind hearts could, only crushed or reshaped.

While Marco- no Darco he reminded himself, looked surprisingly impatient, judging from his gaze and crossed arms as he watched Jean play and toy around this box.

This portal to another universe.

"Well?" He asked, shaking Jean out of his musings. "We don't have all day anyways, I'm sure you're just wasting time already. Don't worry, I bet it's some harmless universe about I don't know, some fluffy shit." He said, rolling his eyes which Jean gave a snort at.

"Oh shut up." He retorted, gaining more confidence as he fiddled with the object before finally finding the button as the side, frowning a bit before cautiously pressing it.

A click was heard and a swirling red portal appeared in front of him, surprising the golden eyed male, making drop the portal cube onto the pure white ground.

His breath hitched before he shook his head to shake his worries away, clutching the worn rutsack over his shoulder before craning his head to see Darco giving him a expectant look.

He sighed before turning his head back, looking at the swirling red portal and walked into it.

Not until he heard Darco's shocked gasp.