Chapter 9

Tyler's POV

I woke up feeling a bit better, my head and body still throbbing but the nausea and stomach pains gone.

A knock came at the door as I began nodding off again.

I groaned as I unwrapped myself from the warm sheets and stood. A sigh left my lips as I shuffled to the door, not caring enough to check the peephole.

"Hey, babe," Josh said brightly as soon as I opened the door.

"What do you want, Josh," I grumbled. He frowned, I almost felt bad. Almost.

"I came by to check on you."

"Why check on me when you can go check some 'chicks' out?"

"W-what?"

I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame with my eyebrows cocked.

"Don't give me the 'oh, really' face. I have no idea what you're talking about," he retorted.

"Josh, I'm literally too sick and tired to put up with you right now."

"I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend and come check on you."

"Good boyfriends don't sneak around with girls behind their boyfriend's back," I sigh, massaging my temples to stop the increasing pain.

"Wait, what? I didn't- I'm sorry."

"You didn't?"

"N-no, I did cheat..."

"I understand now. That's why you go to Pawn Shoppe all the time, that's why you're so secretive, that's why you tricked me that first night by calling it love then taking what you wanted," I sighed, trying to look more tired than misty-eyed.

"I didn't!"

"You did or you didn't, Josh? Which one is it because right now all you're doing is giving me another frickin' headache."

"I did..."

"Then why are you here? To rub it in my face that I fell in love with you so quick or is it to break up with me? Which one, Josh? Take your pick because I'm already hurting."

"Can you forgive me?"

"Did you cheat on me?"

"Yes... Ty-"

"Then no," I sighed, about ready to shut the door in his face.

"Please, give me one more chance. If I hurt you again then I'll leave you alone. "

"One more chance, Josh, one more."

"I know. Deal," he smiled softly, opening his arms to me.

"Deal," I said with an eye-roll as he wrapped his arms around my limp body.

"I'm sorry about lying, Tyler," he mumbled into my ear.

"Better be," I sighed softly.

Josh pulled away and left the doorway for a quick moment before coming back with stuff.

In his hands were flowers, balloons, chocolates, and a get well card. My anger from moments before quickly evaporated with the heat rising in my cheeks.

"And I didn't lie to you that first night, Ty. I love you."

I honestly couldn't speak and he could tell, so he just kissed me.

"Can I come in now? This stuff is heavy," he laughed and I let him inside where he continued to set it on the counter.

He pulled me onto the couch and turned on Netflix. My breathing getting sort of difficult as we laid down.

"What about school," I asked him.

"You're more important."

I blushed, still questioning quite a bit. A lot of things didn't seem to make sense and I knew it. I guess I don't really know but I'll find out.

And believe me, I'm still mad he cheated but I'm head over heels for him; after all, it's just another gay high school relationship.