Chapter 12

Tyler's POV

Josh and I had slept all through the rest of Wednesday, jet lag attacking us with a wrath so furious.

"Ty-Ty, babe, wake up. We have to get ready for the opening ceremony," Josh whispered softly in my ear.

"I'm still tired, Joshie," I murmur, nuzzling deeper into his warm chest.

"Still tired? We just slept for a whole day. I guess I have to take you to the doctor and have them give you a big ol' shot right in the butt," he laughed as I weakly punch his chest.

"Don't be mean, Jishwa."

"Don't be lazy, Ty-Ty."

I groaned, slowly peeling myself from his warm arms and sheets with a pout.

"Up, Jish. We gotta get up."

He laughs as he gets up and picks me up. Seconds later he tosses me onto the bed and starts tickling me.

"N-no, Josh," I squealed as I tried to push him off. He soon collapsed next to me in laughter and I pouted.

"You're absolutely adorable, Ty," he said through his laughter, causing me to blush.

"C'mon, Josh. We actually have to get ready now," I sigh.

"If we hurry we can make it before free breakfast closes," he says, grabbing his bag.

With motivation, I quickly began to toss on the day's outfit.

"Hurry, Josh," I pout as I pull my shoes on.

He puts his shoes on and we run to the elevator.

"Wait, we have complimentary room service," he laughs.

"Are you kidding? Did I get dressed for free crappy food when I could have stayed comfortable for free good food?"

"Yep," Josh laughs, walking back to the room.

~

Josh and I had eaten a nice big meal and were completely full as we took our seats in the large auditorium around noon for the opening ceremony that took hours.

After it had ended, the junior tournament began. Josh and I didn't have to compete yet so we sat for a while and watched, pointing out different strategies, until the sky darkened.

My mind wandered to the envy I had towards the kids that were playing right now. My mom could never afford to send me when I was younger and it was kinda upsetting for me but I guess I prefer it being now.

"Whatcha thinkin' about, Ty?"

"Nothing, you?"

"Just kinda hungry. We only ate breakfast," Josh says, his stomach contributing to the conversations with a loud grumble.

"Yeah, I'm hungry too. Let's go."

He takes my hand and we leave, calling a taxi as soon as we get outside. The cold New York air is soon blocked out by the heat in the small odor-riddled vehicle.

Josh quickly gave a random address of a "really good pizza place" and we were off. It took thirty minutes to get only halfway in the amazing New York traffic.

Josh and I stepped out onto the sidewalk, not wanting to wait another thirty minutes. We put the address of the restaurant into maps and began walking.

"Josh, we could just take these alleys and get there ten minutes quicker," I said as I pointed it out.

"Okay, just be careful. Crime rates' pretty high here."

"Relax, Josh. That stuff only happens in movies and stories," I laugh, turning down the alley.

Checkmate (Joshler AU) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara