Chapter 29 (The End)

Josh's POV

It had been five years since the wedding and so much had happened.

I had started online classes at a music school and stayed home with Tyler. It had been a year before we had decided to have a kid.

(Flashback)

"Adoption is a good option, Tyler."

"N-no, I really want to try this. Please," he begged.

"But, Ty-"

"Please, Josh. It could work."

"Fine, but if it doesn't work the first time then we're adopting."

"Okay, promise."

(End Flashback)

We had used a surrogate mother with some of Tyler's seed. He had wanted it that way.

But that was how we ended up with a tiny daughter that replicated Tyler exactly.

She was asleep as Tyler and I played a game of chess. It was a cold winter's afternoon in our tiny apartment. A small fire roared in the fireplace.

I admired Tyler's face. He had begun to look worse than during chemo. I knew he didn't have much time left but I didn't expect it so soon.

He moved his pieces towards mine, boxing in my king.

"C-checkmate?"

That was his last word before his eyes shut and his body went limp against the sofa.

Rose decided to wake from her nap and walk out that exact moment, her blanket wrapped around her and her favorite stuffie dragging behind her.

"Is daddy asleep," she asked with a tiny yawn as she rubbed her eyes.

"Y-yeah, princess. Daddy's asleep," I sighed, licking my lips before letting out a sigh as my eyes filled with tears.

I picked Rose up and placed her on my hip as I called Kelly.