Chapter 22

Tyler's POV

It was nearly 1 in the morning when we landed. Josh had been so finicky lately, he had even rushed off the plane before me.

I just waited for everyone to pass before grabbing my stuff and exiting behind the crowd of passengers.

The crowd cleared and I gasped.

There kneeled my amazing Josh, on one knee and a velvet box in his hand. I walked over to him, completely dazed, and dropped my bag,

"I-I, uh, I..." Josh stuttered out.

I giggled softly and he took my hand, seeking to gain his confidence.

"Tyler Joseph. I know we've only been dating seventeen days and I know we've fought for about four of 'em. But I love you and the events of this trip have taught me that time is not to be taken for granted. I know it isn't the best and I know we're young too but this is just a promise ring. Will you- No, can you promise me your heart," he said with glossy eyes looking into mine as he opened the box to show a simply gorgeous gold ring.

I tried to choke out an answer but I couldn't so I just threw my arms around him and nodded vigorously. Everyone around us cheered and a blush fell on my cheeks.

We pulled apart and Josh slid the ring on my finger.

"I-I promise you my heart, Josh."

"And I promise you mine, Tyler."

We kissed. It was soft and slow. It was perfect.

"Is this why you were acting funny on the plane," I asked with a small giggle.

"Yeah, I was trying to perfect my speech."

"It was amazing, babe."

"Thanks, Ty-Ty."

We intertwined our hands, a cold metal pressing against my hand and I looked at Josh's hand.

"They're a set," I gasped.

"Yeah, look on the side of it."

I lifted my hand next to his and twisted mine, gasping as I admired the design.

J+T Forever

"Josh, it's beautiful," I squealed, throwing my arms around him again.

"C'mon, baby. Let's go," he said, pulling me to the luggage carousel.

We quickly grabbed our stuff and walked out to Josh's motorcycle, driving home as fast as we could with L.A traffic.

~

"And then I walked off the plane and Josh was there, on one knee with the box! I couldn't speak! I walked over to him and he gave this adorable speech about how we're too young and we've only been dating seventeen days but it's just a promise ring and time isn't something we should take for granted! I just swooned. It was beautiful. Of course I said yes," I spewed to my mother.

It may have only been about 2 in the morning but I couldn't sleep, not after that.

My mom laughed before going serious.

"I'm happy for you, Tyler. But we need to talk real quick," she sighed.

"About what," I said, still holding a smile on my face even though my happiness had drained.

"Chemo."