Part 5: The Adventures of Kara Danvers

A/N:

Some parts were taken from the show. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks!

__________________

Kara's pov

Principal Lillian Luthor was in the middle of her speech, more like a rant, about school rules and by-laws etcetera. She was a tall and stern-looking woman that somehow reminded me of Sue Sylvester, minus the tracksuit.

I'm not sure if I want to listen, but I'm not exactly the rule breaker type, plus I don't want to get into any trouble. For mom's sake, to quote my big brother, that is. I just feel uninterested.

Time dragged on. I already lost count of yawning I made, then an eternity later, finally, the stern lookin' lady in fancy pantsuit finished her rant and we, the humbled and absolutely obedient students of this fine institution, went to our respective classes.

So there I was on my way to chem class...wait what? I have chemistry class?! Why do I have chemistry class? Nevermind. So I walked ahead not giving any eye contact with anyone. Lab's at the end of the hallway and Im close when all of a sudden somebody crashed into me so hard, i found my ass plastered to the shiny floor with my stuff scattered around.

It was a big tall guy in a jersey with deep husky voice. He just looked down at me and said,

"Watch where you go, newbie,"

Then he just left me there, with his posse trailing after him, dumbfounded by both his size and the shock of my butt dropping on the floor. No one bothered to help, instead people either smirked or whispered to one another.

That was both annoying and embarrassing. But there isn't much I can do other than pick myself up with the rest of my things and go on about my own business.

By the time I reached the room, it was already filled with loud mouthed students gossiping. I looked around to find a seat and the only one I found available was at the back, beside an all-too-familiar pretty face with the dark hair and green eyes.

I'm not sure what to do. My first instinct was to bolt away again and skip, it's chem anyway, but I'll just feel stupid afterwards. So, I decided to go get this done and over with.

I came towards her. She didn't notice me yet, as she was turning pages on a book, reading something. Then, I was standing right beside her. I've never been in this close proximity to her, I could all but hear my heart pounding in my ears.

Then, she turned to me and our eyes met. All of a sudden, my heart was pounding in my throat and I found it hard to speak. I'm not sure what to say anyway. I just stared in her beautiful green eyes.

_____________________

Lena's pov

I didn't realize someone was standing beside me until I felt my ears twitch. I have this twitching thing in my ear if and when someone is looking at me since I can remember. I don't how or why, it just happens.

So I looked up, and there she was, the cute, shy girl-next-door neighbor of mine. She was looking at me with those big blue eyes, probably trying to figure out how to take a seat beside an outcast like me. With the exception of Maggie and Winn, nobody in this place would want to be near a Luthor.

Looking up at her, im very much aware of her height, and now she's upclose, I could vividly see her perfect eyelashes and really cute nose. And her lips were...

Well, I try to think of what to say because I don't wanna be rude or snobby, plus it's starting to feel awkward. And I remembered I still don't know her name. So, I  straightened up and held out my hand.

"Hi..." I said," I'm Lena..."

From my face, she looked at my hand, and then back to my face again as though making sure the hand belongs to me. When she realized that I'm still offering my hand, she took it and said...

"S-sorry, I'm Lena...I-i mean Kara,"

That very second our hands made contact, a sudden flash of blinding light just appeared out of nowhere. I know it's just like two seconds of bright lights but it felt way longer than that.

In that moment, I think I saw myself in a chopper. There were bullets being fired. A stranger in red cape with blurry face came out of a loud explosion saying,
"You're safe now,"

"What the hell was that," I hear myself say

"Someone's trying to kill you," the red caped rescuer told me. It felt real to me, but I know it never happened. Somehow it feels like a memory, but I've never been in a chopper, or worse, getting shot at. The feeling reminded me of that weird dream I had, but I don't  see the connection. It just felt real. All that in a couple of seconds.

And then that's it. Lights gone and it's Kara's gorgeous face that's in front of me and not the red cape blur. She was staring at me with our hands still clasped together. I don't know if she saw the same thing, I want to ask but it's going to be weird. She'll probably just think I'm a freak if I ask something like that. So, I pulled back my hand, still feeling the heat from our brief contact.

After that, we both sat and got through chem class barely talking to each other.

_____________________

Kara's pov

Her hands were soft and warm, but that's not the only thing running in my head right now.

The second I took Lena's hand, I saw a beam of light, so sudden and so big. Next thing I knew, I'm flying fast towards a rocket grenade. Yep,... that's right. Flying! And towards a freakin' grenade! Who does that?!...

But I didn't end up dead, instead I found myself flying again pulling down a chopper to safety. Boy, was I that strong? Then, I opened it's door, checking the pilot's injury then saying to someone with a blurry face that it's safe. And that there's someone trying to kill her.

All that happened in a moment of blinding flash of bright light from just holding that soft warm hands of Lena.

I don't know why she has this effect on me, so strong that I'm seeing things that aren't real. Or was it? I don't know. All I know right now is that she affects me strongly for reasons I am yet to know or understand...

_____________________

A/N:

thank you guys for reading! I hope you liked my story