Part 48: Potterhead

Kara's pov

"Where did you steal this ninja turtle green metal crap anyway?"

Winn crossed his arms on his chest as he examined the old 1959 volkswagen beetle as green as mold that Maggie managed to acquire. I know nothing about cars, but looking at this one... I don't know, my bike would probably run faster than this.

"Maybe we should just take the train," I said.

"You two quit yapping​ already," Maggie scolded as she fussed over this four wheeled green thingy, "I told you guys, having your own ride's easier than walking uphill in Baxter,"

"How long does it take to travel with this thing compared to the train anyway?" Winn asked, still unconvinced.

"You'd be surprised... Now hop in, both of you, before anyone notices we're up to no good,"

Reluctantly, Winn wiggled his way into the backseat, then I settled myself on the passenger side. The three of us huddled at an empty lot  behind the school gym a few minutes past eight in the morning with this green beetle that we are about to take for a ride. Maggie, on the other hand, made herself comfortable on the drivers seat, gripping the steering wheel tight, staring blankly ahead.

"You know how to drive this thing, right?..." I broke the eery silence that kept her eyes glaring way beyond the glass windshield. If I was a skeptic beforehand, now I'm getting nervous.

"Of course I know how to drive... I googled it,"

"Maggie!!" Winn and I were petrified. You can't just google driving and learn it overnight. Jeez...

"Just kidding... I was just praying before we go, okay," Maggie said disturbingly calm, "buckle up now you two,... We're on a road trip to rescue Lena,"

Okay... That was an apt description of this little excursion of ours. Rescue is what exactly I would call this, because I know in my heart wherever Lena is, she never would have wanted to be there, and she would need us to help her out.

And I know in my heart that wherever Lena goes, I will be sure to follow...

____________________________

Lena's pov

Fortuna_Major??... Seriously?!

Somebody sure is obsessing with Harry Potter and the House of Gryffindor. Of all the passwords anybody can come up with, this one sure is a sign of deep obsession towards that particular series of books that turned into super hit movie franchise. I'll try not to judge since I am a fan as well but not as crazy as this. And this guy, Jack, sure is kicking the look and accent of a bonafide Potterhead.

I'm not sure when I learned the art of theft, but I did managed to steal Jack's phone. Only it was password protected, so I got to work some little magic of my own, no pun intended to this Potter fan, and cracked his password. Now that I'm in, I got myself one thing to do...

"Is anyone in here?"

A girl called out just outside the toilet cubicle I'm hiding in. The door is obviously closed, and most certainly locked. I wonder why bother asking, seriously? As I was in the middle of hesitation whether to answer or not, the girl called out again.