Part 18: Homecoming Jitterbugs

Kara's pov

I'm not really big on school dances, not only because I'm such a terrible dancer but also because of the fancy dresses required to wear in these occasions. Yet here I am, wearing some dress and some fancy shoes, feeling awkward because I think I look very awkward as well.

Lena is supposed to be here already but I haven't seen her yet. She's in the committee organizing the event so she must be around somewhere. Winn said he's only coming because he'll be taking pictures for the class yearbook. I don't know about Maggie, she makes her own schedule out of whim and follows it whenever she pleases.

Anyway, here I am scooting into a corner, keeping my distance from these hormone infused crowd jitterbugging to Bruno's 24k magic, wishing Lena's here. The other day, when we were choosing the perfect thing to wear from the countless selection in the store, I only saw the dress she picked for herself, not her in it. I wonder how stunning she'd look in that green dress.

______________________

Lena's pov

There's a gazillion things I have to deal with the homecoming shindig, and it's stressing the mascara out of me. There's the band, there's the ice, there are the booze, I meant the booths, there's everything, but Kara.

I haven't seen her yet, and I'm very anxious to see how she would look in that blue dress. I've seen almost everybody else in their finest outfit, but the person I'm really excited to see hasn't shown up just yet.

I'm worried she bailed out the last minute knowing she'd rather stuff her ears with her headphones with Tegan and Sara blasting in it. We both didn't have dates, so we agreed to go together, as friends.

That's what we are after all...maybe I wanted more but with brother Mike in the picture, that's just all I'm gonna get...a friend. But then I had to go earlier than Kara because of this so called organizing duties.

Well, after running checking stuff out if everything is in place, I walked around to find Kara. It's kinda difficult with all these flashing colorful lights and loud party anthems, but I kept going anyway.

I tried her phone but it went straight to voicemail. Just as when I was about to think she bailed out, I saw her from across the room by the stage corner by herself.

She looked enchanting in her baby blue fairy-like off shoulder lace dress, rather more like innocently enticing, I'm at a loss. Mystified and awestruck, I couldn't take my eyes off her. Her usually beanie covered ponytailed hair is down in soft curls and she had on a light make up, accentuating her already beautiful angelic face. I froze where I'm standing, breathless just looking at her.

Then our eyes met...

__________________________

Kara's pov

Looking around this homecoming cliche of a crowd, I started to feel a bit bored. If it isn't for Lena, I'd rather stay in my room and strum my old guitar. If only I hadn't forgotten my phone, I would've called her already. Just as I decided to leave, the crowd that I had been staring at moved aside like it was on cue and revealed the most beautiful lady I have ever seen in my entire existence.

The captivatingly stunning Lena Luthor, in the middle of the dance floor, looking straight at me.

She looked elegant in that halter backless green dress with her hair on a loose side twist...kind of seductive too, might I add. With her in her goddess-like appearance and me looking deep into her eyes, it was like I'm being pulled by the most powerful magnet of them all. I found myself walking straight towards Lena, not minding the rest of the jitterbugging world around me, not breaking eye contact.

Next thing I know, I found myself right in front of this magnificent being. We both stood there, in the middle of the dance floor, not saying a word. Just me getting lost in those forest green eyes, and her sailing in my blue ones. Then party music stops, only to be replaced by Ed Sheeran's Tenerife Sea.

"Hey..." She said softly.

"H-Hi..." I stammered.

"Uhm...so...we're here...yay!" She said in feigned enthusiasm.

I smiled at her goofiness. With her being so cute and so hot at the same time, she's absentmindedly making me want her.

"Uh-huh... we're here...in the dance floor, with everybody else slow dancin' in it... don't you think we're in the way?"

"Unless we dance as well...I guess I don't think so," she said as she moved closer making the gap between us even smaller.

I'm supposed to freak out because it's dancing, but then again it's my lady love, so I think I'm up for it.

"Do you want to dance?" I said teasingly.

"Do you...?" She replied.

Instead of answering, I took her hand placed it in my shoulders and I gently pulled her by her waist. Then, we slow danced the night away.

Another Time, Another Place (SUPERCORP AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara