Part 59: S***** Mess

Lena's pov

It's been three weeks.

No call, no text, no dm, no nothing. No new activity in any of her socials that I have been creeping in way more than my own. I was gonna think she's been kidnapped again if her mom didn't tell me she's with her dad.

I can't believe Kara would do this. She could've just said something, like I don't know,... toodles maybe. Now I'm confused, again, as to why would she leave and stay away this long without telling me anything or making any attempts at calling or returning any of my damn messages. And I'm going crazy here missing everything about her.

It seems like...

She jumped on a rabbit hole and abandoned me...

___________________________

Kara's pov

Rabbit holes.

Could've been a snake hole but then a bunny popped it's head out and made a run for it's life thinking I'm the hunter that will skin it alive. But yeah, it's a rabbit hole, alright, no snakes or any reptile at all and it's deep and it's annoying I can't reach my necklace.

Of all the places I can drop it, I dropped it in a rabbit freakin' hole. So stupid, dumb enough to drop it in the first place.

I was trying to remove the pick from the necklace so I can use it to pluck the strings on my brand new guitar my dad just bought me the other day. But clumsy me dropped the little thing. In a rabbit hole. Deep enough to lead my hand to Alice in wonderfreakinland!

"Kara! Moira and I are going to the grocery... Do you want to come with us?" I heard dad call out from the garage.

"No dad! I'll be just staying right here!... sticking my hand in a burrow" I yelled back, except for the last part which I mumbled to myself.

"Do you want anything for us to buy you?"

"Skittles, dad... just skittles,"

"Okay... I see you still have that sweet tooth,... See you later then, sweetheart," he waved, and so did his girlfriend Moira, before going in to the car and drove off.

It was kinda weird being with dad, especially when his girlfriend's around. She's never my favorite person in the world, no siree, but she isn't really that bad either.

Anyways...

My pick in the bunny burrow is just a wee bit down... I. just. need. to. reach a little. fuurtthheeer....

And yes!! Finally...

I got my pick again, the blue and red with my initials in it... and Lena's too... reflected the sun's light in it as I dusted it off.

God, I miss her... Lena...

What was I thinking? I could've called her back, said something. Anything. But I didn't. So, yeah... she must be barking mad at me. Furious even. Because the last time I saw her was when she just woke up from surgery after getting shot.