Part 60: Batgirl v Supergirl: Dawn of Another Reality

Kara's pov

Mom is furious.

And she's still fuming like a steam engine train as she talked to Lillian inside the police chief inspectors office at the presence of a bunch of cops. I didn't tell her before and asked Alex to keep it a secret. Until I've decided to come back home to her, she had no knowledge of me being taken by Lillian.

When I told her earlier what really happened, she was seething with anger she almost went raging at the Luthor's front door. I was able to stop her, but I wasn't able to stop her from going to the cops and had me reporting the incident.

I was asked to wait outside after I've given detailed statement of what has been done to me. After this confrontation, I have no clue of what's gonna happen next. But the more important thing here is that I don't have secrets anymore to keep, I don't have to hide.

But I still don't feel any good. I haven't seen Lena in a long while. Choosing to stay away from her was the worst decision I ever made and I regret it so much. The anticipation of seeing her again is giving me the entire rowdy zoo in my stomach instead of just a thousand butterflies. Not that I'm purposefully quoting that song, but it feels just like it.

I can't sit still and wait, having my attention fixed on the people arguing behind that glass window of the inspector's office. I rose from my seat and started pacing. I hope things will be okay and not escalate any further. Because I don't think I can handle any more crazy outbreaks in my life like getting kidnapped or tangled up with mobster feuds. It's just too much to---

I froze at the sight that was coming in through the glass doors of cop central. With her raven hair down blown by the gentle wind, her face expressionless but ever gorgeous nonetheless, the busy-bee bustling world around me seemed to have slowed all of its motion.

I instantly felt the familiar jumping, skipping beat in my heart every time she enters the room, the usual jelly like feeling in my knees and that almost unbearable ache to reach for her hand, pull her close and kiss her like it's the end of the world. She didn't notice me in the room full of cops and criminals in handcuffs alike. But I did notice her the millisecond she stepped in, taking that precious chance to marvel at her flawless beauty.

She looked around, probably searching for me since I asked to meet up here, and I just stood there like an idiot with my hands tucked in the back pockets of my ripped skinny jeans, my eyes completely glued to her. She craned her swan like neck scanning the crowd until her magnificent emerald green eyes found the blue pair of iris that is mine.

That exact same moment our eyes met halfway across a crowded smelly room, everything else began to fade. The movement around us and the noise in the air became dull as she walked towards me. Everything else turned black and white, and Lena and I are the only colors of the rainbow that shined through all this madness.

As she stepped closer and closer, our gazes locked and so inseparable, my heart thundered and pounded like a sledgehammer smashing the walls in my chest. The temperature has risen to a degree that could've scorched me and made me burn with want. Want to grab her and kiss her and...

"Ouch!!" The pain was sharp and sudden it snapped me out of my daydream.

"What the heck, Kara!!" Lena said after she slapped my arm. Boy, she looked so damn hot when she's mad, "You've been gone for three weeks with no calls or texts or anything at all and you have the nerve to stare at me like that!!"