Part 19: Too Busy To Think

Somebody else's pov

Lena, the anointed princess of Kentwood High is slow dancing!! With some GIRL!! So close, So intimate. This is an interesting sight to watch. Nobody pegged her to be so...gay. Maybe that loser Sawyer could've been a lez, but Lena freaking Luthor?! And that new girl what's-her-name again?? Lara, Mara, Laura... whatever. I should take a picture and post it. Hmn...I wonder how principal mommy dear would react if she sees these two...

_____________________

Lena's pov

Kara and I danced throughout the song. It may have seemed weird for others but the hell I care. I just want to enjoy every second of this precious random moment where Kara and I are so close. I can still feel the heat from both of her hands in my back. Actually, I feel that heat all over my body.

"Do you want to get some punch?" She asked as we left moments after the song finished, still holding hands.

"The punch has been contaminated by an unknown kind of beverage, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole...somebody from the football team poured something in it and I was too late to stop him so I just went to the vending machine to see if there's something edible and drinkable in it just in case, " I blabbered like an idiot.

"Just how many gallons of caffeine did you drown yourself into exactly?" Kara said jokingly, "You're a bit more jumpy than usual,"

And how can I not when I feel ten thousand volts of electricity surge in me from her touch, a simple casual hand holding.

"I actually lost count...don't you think it's a bit hot in here, do you wanna go take a breather outside?"

"You know what...I know a place where there's a much more fresh air than outside,"

She said as she pulled me once more, away from these people who talked and drank and danced way too much...

_____________________

Kara's pov

I took Lena to a spot in the school building rooftop, just behind the huge water tank. She's probably tired and stressed out with all the homecoming prep, and the task of keeping things in check, she needs a moment to take a break.

As much as I want to keep her hand in mine, I had to let it go. I don't want to give her a touchy feel and a really awkward impression. But I stayed close because, for one obvious reason, I just want to be near her all the time.

"How'd you find the access up here?...I never found out because mom said rooftop's a restricted area to students...and I just listen to her the whole time," Lena asked as she leaned by the waist-high brick ledge facing the night view of the city.

"I sneaked here through the fire escape by the the maintenance room when those cheerleaders were trying to haul me for some crazy shit they were up to at the time..." I said taking a glance at the sight she was gazing at, then back at her.