Part 41: 'Lexie'

A/N: 

Totally not sure why I put this song here since it totally has nothing to do with the story. I just love it and it's a bop. Totally love the video too (like about damn time it's finally made duh)

Anyways

______________________________

Maggie's pov

Winn's got himself lazybone syndrome.

He's not moving off his seat to buy us some chips to munch on during the game!... and eggs to throw at Thornhill Academy brats when the game heats up.

Okay... just kidding on the egg part. Or not...

Winn just sat right there, in his blue Kentwood High hoodie holding some stupid sign, ogling at all the girls on the field. Its not just lazybone syndrome, but his perv mode is up as well.

So annoying...

Anyways, I want chips but I don't want to leave my seat, too. Kara's not yet around, so maybe she can grab me some chips, or cream cheese doughnuts on her way here...

And maybe eggs, too!

Wait!... Speaking of, Kara hasn't shown up and the game's about to begin in a matter of minutes. Lena's always turning her head on me and Winn from the field with questioning look on her face. And all I can do is shrug.

Where on the freakin' Earth is Kara, now?

__________________________________

Kara's pov

"Mooove it!! Or I'll throw each of you morons a dozen punches!!..."

I raised my fist to the other motorists as the cab Alex and I were stuck in paved its way through traffic like a tortoise crawling in the moon. It's one fifty two already, pre game warm ups should be over by now, and I'm still sitting my ass in traffic.

Alex, who just decided out of whim to go with me after mom allowed the both of us go see the game on the condition we will both be home before six, stared at me with her raised eyebrow and pursed lips.

"Jeez! Kara, chill...I can see all of the tendons in your neck about to burst with your...enthusiasm... we'll get there alive, don't worry," she said.

Well, I won't have to deal with my tendons bursting when I'm about to have a coronary any minute now if we don't get to Lena's soccer game right away!!

I took in a few steadying breaths but I'm still not calming down, not to mention I can't seem to stop my leg from moving up and down rapidly.

"Did you try to call Maggie?... Or Winn? I mean just to check in," Alex suggested as she checked her nails.

"My phone's dead, I forgot to charge it...oh wait!! Yours isn't...let me borrow,"

I didn't wait for Alex to hand over her phone to me, I grabbed it from her purse and dialed Maggie's number. That's interesting... Maggie's digits popped right away, but no matter, I'll ask about it later. Right now I just need to know what's happening out in the soccer field. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey there, Lexie!! What's up?!"

Lexie??

"Hey Maggie! It's me, Kara... I'm on my way now but I'm stuck in traffic, can't tell when exactly I'll get there. How's Lena doing??"

"L-looking for you of course," she said on the other line, a bit startled to hear me, "Why do you have Alex's phone??? Nevermind, just get here before the game ends, is all... and, ah... while you're still out, can you go buy me some chips?!... And maybe a tray of fresh eggs, too??"

"What?! What are the eggs for??" The chips I get, but eggs?..."don't bother answering that, just save me and Alex a seat...we will be there soon,"

I hung up and handed the phone back to Alex, who seem to have not changed her facial reaction while staring at me the whole time. Her eyebrow is still up in a curve, and she's still pursing her lips, a bit tighter this time. I felt a little embarrassed with my little misbehavior.

"Okay, I'm sorry.... Sorry, I just... I just want to be there already, is all," I said, smiling sheepishly at her.

"Uh-huh," she placed her phone back to her purse, shaking her head, "you asked something about eggs, what's that about?"

"I don't know... Maggie's asking for a tray of fresh ones, she'll probably make some omelette with it, I don't know... She said 'hey there Lexie' when she answered the call. Who's Lexie? Is it you?"

Alex looked away to the cab's window on her side quite deliberately, avoiding eye contact. Is it just me or something is going on in here. Am I missing something obvious?

"Uh-huh, yep..." she said nodding her head a little, "it's just a silly nickname,"

"Yeah I know, right..." I nodded, "but you already have a nickname, Alexandra,"

"Okay... can you just go back to cursing the traffic now... it's less annoying, really" Alex snapped with a little motioning of her hand, still looking out at the cab's window.

Yep... definitely something's up with Alex... And Maggie?

Alex and Maggie??! Oh... wow... I did not see that coming...

_______________________________

Maggie's pov

I'm not really the sporty type nor am I a big fan of soccer, but my best friend is playing, so...

And Alex is coming to see the game too!...

I don't know why, but I just got excited. Its not like I didn't see her for a long while. But after our little talk in my room, I felt even more closer to her. Closer than I've ever been with anyone, including my best friends Lena and Winn.

Speaking of Lena, she's got her eyes fixed on me as everyone were standing for the national song before the match between Kentwood High Grizzlies and Thornhill Academy Thunder begins. The team that wins today will face the defending state champs Midvale High Bulls. Last year, us Grizzlies faced the Bulls for the title but lost it. So, we got to win to get our shot for payback from last year's defeat, and Lena is the team's main scorer. She has to focus and deliver, but from the way she looks around for Kara, I'm worried we might not get our payback.

Oh dear lord, Kara!! Show up your skinny ass already!!

With my tray of eggs and my Lexie...

I mean Alex... just Alex...