Part 46: Together

Lena's pov

"And this is the way to the library,"

He said gesturing his hands towards a hall with medieval styled archways leading to another widely open double doors. What is it with this place and all the double doors and archways? If I didn't know any better, I'd say I'm in a hazy dream of being transported to Camelot to meet the knights of the round table for an afternoon tea party.

"You'll find the most interesting collections and extended number of books and journals in here,"

He kept talking in that crisp British accent of his. He was saying something else but I only half listened. I only feigned attention to him, because I just can't stop thinking about Kara.

I wasn't allowed to have my phone, per mom's specific instructions, and I was already under disciplinary probation because of my fit of frustration I threw at mom the other night. I have no way of communicating with Kara, not even through snail mail, or owls or ravens or something. I am being monitored here like an inmate.

It crossed my mind to just act recklessly, breaking them rules, so they will expel me right away, be gone from this dreary castle and back to Kara's wide open arms. But I realized, expulsion from a school this big, prominent and prestigious, with the highest of educational standards, will just not look good in any record at all. Not to mention mom would just send me somewhere else anyway, just to keep me from Kara.

That's her reason. Her only reason sending me away, isolated, is to keep my distance from Kara. I knew mom wouldn't approve of us, I knew she was going to be mad, but I didn't expect her to go this far. Thinking that she'll go the furthest of extent just to separate me and Kara just makes my blood boil and want to burst out lava like Mount Vesuvius, and mom is going to be like Pompeii.

Now, that's just cruel... Thinking all these thoughts, I cannot believe I'm starting to become like mom, consumed by anger.

And I don't wanna be like mom...
I don't want anger to consume me...

__________________________________

Kara's pov

"G'morning! You going to school this early?"

He said as he walked out on the street, smiling like it was Christmas day. Mike was carrying a backpack and seemed to be going somewhere too.

"Not really... I'm just gonna drop by see Lena first, see if we can go together," I said smiling back at him, "Are you going somewhere?"

"I got early shift today at the cafe,... uhm, Kara... I guess you still don't know but Lena's not in there,"

"What do you mean? Did she go to school already?" This confuses me. Its still thirty five minutes before actual class begins, and we usually go together.

"No... Kara, I've only heard this, 'cause dad and Lillian had been fighting loud enough to pierce my eardrums. I thought it was about me but then I heard them add Lena in to their dis--"