Part 26: Up

Mike's pov

R.Q.S. - 080271LMI-26C

Yep... that's the big boss's initials.

I got to deliver this particular package before the rest arrives at the south side of Port Sherwood, to see if the big boss approves.

I just run errands for these guys and they pay well. And I need the cash... really bad...

__________________________

Lena's pov

This is going to be fun.

Mom went for a three day conference in Juneau, Alaska and she left early. Dad on the other hand, is always busy with his car dealership company and Lex is also busy throwing frat parties at the University.

I invited Kara to come over. She didn't finish her Chemistry homework just yet, and she got that paper in English due on Monday.

I know so because she left me her notes yesterday before she headed to music class. Now I'm done with all of my homework, so I'm up for tutoring duties, and then some...

I already texted Kara but she hasn't sent any reply. I wonder what she's doing, so I went to my window with my dad's binoculars to check on her.

And I saw my angel, comfortably sitting in her bedroom couch by her open window, in her grey pocket tee, black beanie hat and those really big headphones in her ears, strumming her very ancient guitar yet again.

Looking at her right now, I just know what to do....

__________________________________

Kara's pov

Mom got home early today only to leave again.

She said she'll visit Clark in his new loft downtown. She asked me to come but I refused with the most pathetic excuse ever...I have a headache.

But I really don't have a headache. I just feel awkward. Last time I saw him I walked out on him, extremely upset about our parent's divorce and moving abruptly to the city. I'm not ready to face my brother just yet and apologize for my behavior.

I have been listening to my playlist for about a while now while I aimlessly play random chords in my rusty old guitar, thinking of Lena.

Looking back I realized that she was able to turn my bitter world from zero to one eighty in under two fractions of a second, making this new life in the city a bit more sweet and a little more bright.