Epilogue

ANOTHER REALITY SHALL STRIKE

___________________

Kara's pov

The light was blinding.

After an inconsequential amount of time in the deepest pit of darkness and deafening silence, a light shone through so blindingly. I blinked like a dozen times, adjusting my vision to this too much light.

I looked around and I saw that I was alone. Panic crept in to me like spiders on my skin. Lena was just holding my hand and now she's not here. She's not next to me right where she's supposed to be.

She's gone...

I looked around and saw nothing else, no one else. I found myself in the middle of somewhere, where it's just me and white. Just white. Everything around me is white and I'm the only person in this... whatever this place is.

Then, a muted shadow movement caught my attention and made me turn around. Oddly, I saw a screen. Yes, a screen so wide like the ones people go see in the cinemas. And it showed me, myself coming out of a revolving door looking up. Then I saw myself run to an alley, jumping off as I go, and next thing ...I was flying.

What I am seeing now is like deja vu. It feels like it happened before, but I know in my life it didn't. I don't fly, much more carry a plane on my shoulder. Wait what??

I am extremely baffled watching myself grab hold of a plane and steer it across a bridge, having it crash land on to the sea instead on the street full of people. It looked so heroic but that is not me. It has my face but that isn't me.

I felt my knees buckle down as similar scenario went on to that screen. It went on and on, showing me in a blue suit with red cape on that I seriously think looked ridiculous, flying and saving the day. Then, the screen showed Lena. And boy, she looked ever gorgeous. She was some sort of a CEO, looking very corporate, rocking those licensed to kill high heels and snug blazers.

Damn she's so lovely.

This screen in a freakin' white room is like showing me and Lena, and other people we've known, live a different version of us in another lifetime. This is like a feeling of a dream, seemingly endless, and I'm trapped in it.

I wish this ends already, I really want to go back to reality.

_______

I opened my eyes and reality finally struck.

Taking a deep breath, I sat up and checked the time. Five twenty seven am. Three minutes early to start my day. Guess, strange dreams does that to people. Either it wakes you up early or it doesn't wake you up at all.

And strange dream it was.

In the dream, I was a teenager with parent issues who just had a divorce. Small town girl moving with mom in to the big city. A number of things happened, but the gist of it is that the teenage me fell in love with the most unexpected person I have made acquaintance with.