Pilot Part 2

When we enter the garage Rick immediately takes a seat by the work bench. I grab a chair near by to sit near him.

"so what are you working on now?" I ask glancing at the device he is currently tinkering with.

"I'm wor-working on an-An device that will grant its user sOMe intelligence." he responds while

pushing the device towards me. I take out my glasses and slip them on before picking up the device and looking it over, examining some of the mechanics he chose to use. It has a helmet like structure with a series of wires connected to each other.

"Hm...I see but if you were to use any type of motherboard to make this work it can easily overheat." I say looking over at him to see him leaning his head on his hand looking back at me.

"I-I fUCking know that (belch). I just dOnt know what natural component I can use to make it work." he responds with a bit of an attitude, as he takes out his flask and begins to take a swig of the continents inside it. I never really did pay any mind to his rudeness, he always got like this when hes stuck on something so I never really took it personally. I look over the device and start to think of something that could make this work.

"Well I have an idea of what we can do." I say sliding my glasses over my face, taking some of my hair with it as I allow them to rest on my head like a headband . He raises his brow as if telling me to continue.

"Remember that weird dimension we visited that one time....ah man what was it...Dimension 35-C I think." I say looking back up at him. His eyes widen a bit and he smirks, knowing exactly where I was going with this . Rick sits up, grabbing his portal gun in the process.

"Come-COme on we-we're going to pick up MOrty." he states shooting a portal towards a near by wall.

" 'Well gee thanks (Y/N)' " I state in a sarcastic tone taking my glasses off my head and placing them back into my pocket, allowing my hair to fall back into place. Rick seemed to ignore my comment and begins walking into the portal. I let out a sigh as I get up to follow close behind him. We show up in a school hallway and start walking towards Morty when he is suddenly pinned to his locker by what looked like an older kid with a knife. I sigh and take out a gun to freeze the kid in front of him. Morty looked a bit confused until he saw both me and Rick. He shoves the now frozen teen to the side, still sweating from the earlier encounter.

"There you are, Morty. Listen to me. I got an errand to run in a whole different dimension. I need an extra pair of hands." Rick starts to explain as I place the gun back into my inner sweater pocket.

"Oh, geez, (Y/N). W-w-what'd you do to Frank?" he asks pointing at the ice-boy.

"Well that's self explanatory I think," I reply rolling my eyes "I froze him."

"Now listen we need your help, Morty. I mean, we got we got to get- get the hell out of here and go take care of business. (Belch) (burp) It's important. Come on, Morty." Rick states while gabbing Morty by the arms, roughly shaking him.

"I don't know, Rick. I can't leave school again." Morty replies with a sense of uncertainty written on his face.

"Do you have any concept of how much higher the stakes get out there, Morty? What do you think we can just do it all by ourselves? Come on!" Rick quickly interupts him as a mixture of alcohol,drool, and a bit of vomit starts to slip out of his mouth.

"Well well aren't you t-t-two enough ?" Morty states while looking over at me.

" Aw Cmon little buddy, you know both me and your grandpa need your help when it comes to our adventures," I try convincing him. " Plus what the hell are you going to learn in this dump." I continue, using my arms to gesture to the space around me.