Rick Portion #9 Part 2

I climb out of the ship after placing an oxygen mask over my face. I let out a shiver, pulling over my hood in an attempt to warm myself from the planet's cold atmosphere. Pulling out a small location device, I look over the miniature map that displays itself across the screen. Taking note of the small dot that indicates the position of the mineral I'm searching for. Walking a few steps forward I look up to gaze at my surroundings.

"C' mon It has to be here somewhere..." I whisper to myself while currently standing where the location device lead me. I crouch down to wipe away some of the frosts that littered the ground, to find the shining surface of the metallic material.

"Hm, hopefully, this won't take long." I internally say before making a command towards Rick's ship.

"Ship, complete surface Clairium extraction."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a heaving sigh, I remove my work gloves and stand back to admire some of my handy work.

"That should be okay," I comment while glancing over the now repaired ship, looking as though it was never damaged, to begin with. My attention is soon divided after hearing a ringing in my ear, indicating that someone was attempting to contact me. Pressing a small button on my oxygen mask I answer the incoming call.

"Hello?" I ask with a curious tone.

"(Y/N)! Listen, m-meet me at Morty's High school! Quick!" I hear Rick yell at me from the other end. I confusingly yet rapidly get inside the ship, hurriedly lifting it off and towards the earth.

"What the hell did you do now!?" I manage to ask while driving as fast as I could.

"Me?! It's not my fault! Its Morty's fault for b(burp)-bugging me for a stupid love Potion!" He responds with heavy breathing, giving me the idea that he was most likely running.

"Wait- You didn't use my Biological Emotional Shifter, did you?" I ask, knowing that his lack of response afterward only confirmed my suspicions.

"You stupid cunt! I told you that it was still a prototype! You used that Oxytocin I extracted, too didn't you?!"

"Umm...I don't remember you extracting it." Was the older man's only reply.

"That's not the point, Rick! I'm getting close to earth now." I say, relieved that I was almost reaching the planet's atmosphere.

"Oh, a-and it might be a good thing to mention that this love potion is kind of highly contagious." He adds on before cutting off the call.

"Dumbass," I whisper under my breath, making sure that my mask was tightly locked before continuing towards my destination. I hurriedly land the ship in front of Morty's school, only to see two figures run towards the vehicle with a horde of people following not too far behind them. Rick hurriedly opens my side of the ship and jumps over my lap to sit beside me, while Morty's small body slides to the passenger's seat.

"I didn't realize when I gave you that serum that Jessica had the flu you know, t-t-t-t-t-t-t-that might have been valuable information for me, Morty." I hear Rick say amongst all of the chaos.

"What the fuck is going on, Rick?!" I yell over at him while lifting the ship in an attempt to get away from the crowd of angry individuals.

"What does it look like? T-t-t-the serum is piggybacking on the flu virus. It's gone airborne, (Y/N)."

"Oh, crap. What are we gonna do, Rick?" Morty asks the older man with an anxious tone. His nervousness soon becoming my own, worried that we might not be able to get out of this situation.

"It's gonna be fine, Morty, relax. I whipped up an antidote." Rick attempts to ease him while taking out a small vile and pouring its contents in a tube-like drain connected to the ship.

"Wait, what the fuck are you doing?!" I exclaim, not exactly thrilled about not knowing what was in the small test tube. I am very aware of Rick's lack of knowledge when it comes to genetic alterations. It is one of the only things I am better than him at doing. So it isn't too far fetched of me to be tense, considering the type of trouble his previous test on the topic has gotten him and me in the past.

"Shit, (Y/N), fuckin ease up. It's based on praying-mantis DNA. Cause, you know, praying mantises are the exact opposite of voles. I mean, they-they mate once, and then they, you know, decapitate the partner. I mean, it's a whole ritual. It's really gruesome and totally opposite. There's no love at all. I-i-i basically mixed this with a more contagious flu virus. It should neutralize the whole thing." He explains in an all-knowing way.

"Really, Rick? That's the evidence you're going with? That literally makes no biological sense! There's more to it than that!" I say in an agitated tone, frustrated with his lack of effort in trying to fix his mess. Rick looks over in my direction with irritation and rolls his eyes, clearly not willing to hear me out.

"Shu-Shut it already, It'll all be over very shortly." He states while grabbing the steering wheel out of my hands, and before I had any time to react, Rick had already dispersed the gaseous state of the concoction.

"Oh god..." I whisper to myself as I attentively watch the effect the gas may have on the young students bellow us.

"Uh, by the way, Morty, I know you didn't ask or anything, but I'm not interested in having sex with you. These serums, they don't work on anybody related to you genetically, Morty. Hence the reason why Ms. 'stick-up-the-ass' over here is wearing an oxygen mask." The man beside me states with a glare. I ignore him, however, my attention still occupying the scene below me. I watch as the teens seem to regain some sort of normalcy. For a second I feel a sense of relief wash over me, my worry only starting up again after I seeing them begin to mutate into half human, half mantis monsters. I look over at Rick with an irritated gaze, not holding back on the distaste I feel towards him for not listening to me.

"Okay, well, sometimes, science is more art than science, (Y/N). A lot of people don't get that." 

A/N: I know I haven't been around for a while. I have honestly been really busy with life stuff and didn't have the energy to continue writing, to be honest. I was thinking for a while that I should just discontinue this series, but I feel like it's not fair on you guys. So I'm going to make it my goal to finish this book, no matter how long it takes. I'm sorry for the wait, please enjoy.