Anatomy Park Part 1

I pull the rubber glove and stretch the hem of it passed my wrist. It snaps upon release, filling the space around it with a light powder. I extend my fingers, allowing the space between the latex and my skin to close into a tight but comfortable fit. I push up my glasses and continue to clean the tennis table the best I can. I move my attention to all of the equipment Rick and I are going to be using, double checking that everything is working properly. My concentration is soon disturbed by Jerry's obnoxious singing in the kitchen near by. I try my best to ignore him but groan in annoyance when I find it to be no use.

"Hey do you think you can shut it Jerry! Your terrible singing is fucking with my thought process." I yell at him. He instantly stops but mumbles something under his breath.

"Do you want to repeat that Jerry?!" I shout at him, knowing it was most likely an insult he whispered out.

"U-uh no haha....I d-didnt say anything." I hear him respond in a nervous tone.

"That's what I thought, pussy." I say to myself, continuing on with where I left off. After finishing looking over everything I sit myself on the edge of the work table and take out an old notebook I've owned for years. I skim through all of the notes and small sketches that littered the pages. I take out a black pen, using my teeth to remove and hold on to its cap. I scribble down some notes and look up once I hear two pairs of steps enter the garage. I hop off the table and walk over to Rick.

"Are we all set?" He asks me, motioning our guest to lay on the table.

"Yup everything is ready." I reply while removing the cap from my mouth. I put away both my pen and notebook, heading over to the older man sitting on the table.

"Heya Ruben. I'm going to need you to remove your clothes and you can use this to cover yourself" I say while handing him a towel. While he undresses I put on a new pair of gloves. Rick comes over to sit on a milk crate, looking over his laptop.

"Rick can you hand me the electrodes for the heart monitor." I ask him. He looks up from his screen and hands me the package. I rip it open and begin attaching the padding to the correct places on Rubin, connecting them to their leads. The monitor sparks to life with a line elevating and descending on the screen, followed by an audible beeping noise, mimicking the man's heart beat. Rick stands up and grabs a stethoscope like device, pressing the chest piece against different parts of Ruben's body.

"So hows the park?" I ask Rick while looking over his shoulder at the device.

"Hm l-looks go(burp)od so far." He replies. Just when he says that Ruben starts to convulse and twitch.

"Spoke too soon I guess." I say, walking over to the heart monitor. I kneel down and examine the paper that came out of the machine.

"Oh man, somethings going on. These readings are unstable." I comment while looking over the paper, standing up to glance at Rick.

"Uh well might as well go get Morty then." He says while crossing his arms. I walk over to him and sigh, removing the gloves.

"Ah man, You think he can handle this?" I ask him in a worried tone. He looks down at me and groans in annoyance.

"Geez Ch-chill out. He'll be fine. Cmon." He says grabbing my wrist and leading me to the entrance hall. Everyone is standing in the hall talking to who I guess is Jerry's parents and, a friend? They all start to burst out laughing and Rick joins them, attempting to blend in with the group. I put on the best smile I can and allow Rick to do the talking.