Lawnmower Dog Part 1

The sun seeps through my window and makes its way into my room. I stir awake, lifting my body off the comfort of my bed. I pick my phone off the bedside table to check the time. It is already mid-afternoon, and its the most I've slept in months. I stretch my arms up and allow my back to release the gas bubbles that had settled themselves in between my joints . I stand and move my neck to either side, making the same satisfying popping noises I did with my back. I sigh in satisfaction and pick up my white shirt to place over the tank top I slept in. I sit back down on the bed to slip on both my jeans and shoes. After I was done dressing and tidying up my hair, I grab my jacket before heading out the door. Its been a few weeks since Ive messed up my ankle and it took less than that for me to be able to fully walk on my own. Thank god for that  too, I never really like it when I have to rely on people for things,  especially with something as simple as walking. I walk into the hallway to see Snuffles, Morty's dog, make his way towards me. I smile and kneel down to pet the cute creature.

"Hey, you." I say, allowing my fingers to scratch the space between his ears. He closes his eyes and wags his tail in content. He licks my cheek before heading off to the living room. I make my way to the garage only to have Rick grab me by the shoulders and sit me down in front of the contraption that we started on a day before.

"Finish that. Ill Ill go get Morty." He states while walking out of the garage. I take out my glasses and use the magnifier near by to help me see the small ear piece that was elevated by a mantle. I fall into a concentrated state, allowing my fingers to finish up whatever needed to be done to make the device work. I can faintly hear Rick rush in to grab and make alterations to the Super-Intelligence helmet we were working on before.

"What are you going to do with that?" I ask, not bothering to look up from what I'm doing.

"The idiot wants the dog smarter." He responds, refering to Jerry.

"That's not going to end well." I say, still pouring most of my attention towards the earpiece.

"That's what I said." He finishes and leaves the room with the altered head device.

A few seconds pass by and I look over the device one last time before standing up. I turn around to see both Rick and Morty walking through the door.

"That was fantastic, Rick!" Morty exclaims, most likely referring to the helmet Rick brought out with him earlier. 'Oh so it probably worked, sweet.' I think before replying to him.

"Well Mort, if you like that, you're really going to flip your lid over this one." I bring the magnifier down, allowing Morty to glance over the contraption.

"W-w-w-what is it?" Morty curiously asks looking up at me. I look over at Rick, as if giving him the ok in explaining the use for it, giving me time to look around for the casing I made for the earpieces. He quickly looks down at Morty and starts to explain.

"It's a device, Morty, that when you put it in your ear, you can enter people's dreams, Morty. It's just like that movie that you keep crowing about." He says, picking up the earpiece and placing it into the box that I hand over to him.

"You talking about 'Inception'?"

"That's right, Morty. This is gonna be a lot like that, except, you know, it's gonna may-(Belch)-be make sense." Rick answers, placing the box inside his coat pocket.

" 'Inception' made sense." Morty states in a defensive manner.

"You don't have to try to impress us, Morty. Listen, tonight we're gonna go into the home of your math teacher, Mr. Goldenfold, and we're gonna incept the idea in his brain to give you A's in math, Morty. That way you can, you know, y-you're gonna help us with our science, Morty, all the time." Rick explains, kneeling over to meet Morty's height. He then stands up and makes his way over to the ship,taking a swig out of his flask in the process.