Pilot (Extra)

I bolt upright, feeling a sharp pain coming from my ankle. I look down to see Rick messing with it.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I say to him with anger lacing my words.

"W-what do you th(Burp)-think I'm doing. I'm fixing it you idiot." He responds, squinting his eyes at me and crossing his arms in irritation . I instantly start feeling a little bad for yelling at him.

"Sorry," I sigh out. "Sorry I guess you just startled me a bit."

"Yeah what(belch)-ever." He says, going back to looking over my ankle. I look around me to see that we're still in the garage. The garage door is slightly open and I can see that its gotten dark. My gaze travels throughout the room and lands back to Rick. I look to see that I'm sitting on a silver table and that my leg is slightly elevated. My pant sleeve was rolled up and my shoes taken off to reveal my (S/C) skin with a splash of discoloration coming from the swelling and bruising. I see Rick's hands go over it, trying to see if there is any sign of broken bones I assume. He looks up at me.

"Move your ankle." He states simply.

I do as he says and move it. A hiss escapes through my teeth while doing so and I stop after a while, knowing that it was enough for him to determine that its not broken. He grunts, getting up to rummage through boxes on the shelf rack near by. My mind begins to drift and I start to think about the contents in those boxes. All of the things that we've built and collected over all these years. The memories that each item held and its value. I smile a bit, glad to be lucky enough to live the chaotic, eventful life I continue to live. Glad that this is the path I chose to take, glad that I don't regret most of the things I've done, glad that I met.....him.

"What the hell are you smiling on about?" Rick asks, coming back to sit on his chair. I glance over at him to see that he's holding a jar with a faint green/blue color to its substance and a roll of bandages.

"Nothing. Just.....thinking." I say. He looks up at my response and raises his brow in confusion.

"Well don't keep thinking for too long. I know how you get when you spend too much time in your head." He tells me while twisting the lid to the jar and reaching in to gather some of the liquid inside it. He then begins to massaging it into my ankle, allowing my skin to soak up the substance.

"Yeah. I know." I reply to him. Still watching his hands wrap my foot and ankle with the fabric. After he's done he moves away to put back both the jar and bandages. I move over to dangle my legs at the edge of the table.

"You'll be able to walk in less then a week. Until th(belch)-then take take it easy." He tells me, going back to sit by his work bench, tinkering with another one of his projects. I step onto the floor and quickly grab on to the table for support. Rick seems to notice my struggle, he groans in annoyance and stands up to help me. He wraps his arm around my waist and grabs my arm to place around his shoulders. He sits me down to the seat close to his and goes around to sit himself down. I thank him only to get a grunt in response.

"You know I mean it right?" He looks up from his work at my comment. "I really am thankful." He looks at me and I stare back, we stay silent for a while. Rick looks away, choosing to go back to his work.

"Yeah sure y-you're welcome," He says, I lift my eyebrow in surprise that he would say that. "Next time d(burp)on't get yourself hurt, its a waste of my time to take care of you and you're not very useful injured." He finishes. I roll my eyes and laugh a bit. Somehow I knew he didn't really mean that, he is just guarding himself up like he always does.

"So how's Morty?" I ask.

"He stopped twitching after a while and fell asleep." Rick answers, grabbing a wrench nearby to tighten the bolts on his device. I grab a bolt and hand it to him, to which he took to use. I continue to help him in silence. Allowing our hands to work on his project. We didn't need to speak, that is one of the cool things him and I can do. It is like we know what to do, where to put what and what tools to use without ever saying a word to each other. Morty and others find it weird, where as we find it normal. Great minds think alike after all, and his mind is the one I feel most connected to. Moments like this are bliss to me, where the two of us can spend hours working on something and not feel tired or worn down. After a while I look at my phone to see that it is already 5 in the morning. Rick notices the time as well and stands up. He grabs my arm and places it back to his shoulders, lifting me off the seat. He takes me inside, to my room and lays me down. Before he can leave I grab his hand and to my surprise he doesn't pull away. With his back towards me he squeezes my hand in return and runs his thumb over my knuckles. The warmth of his skin comforts me back to a half sleep. I can feel his hand leave mine with a small 'click' of my door being shut following close behind. I slowly but surly fall into a deep sleep, with the warmth of his touch lingering on my skin.

(A/N : Hey guys! So real quick I would just like to thank you all for reading my lame story so far. This is the first time I've ever published anything on here and I'm glad to be getting a good amount of reads and a few Votes. I just would like to encourage you guys to comment, I would love to interact with some of you and get some feedback on what I'm doing right and wrong. Thanks again and Ill see you in the next chapter. Remember to stay beautiful, keep it ugly.)