Meeseeks and Destroy Part 2

After closing the door shut behind his family, Morty turns back to the two of us.

"O-okay, you two. Time to- time to let me take the wheel." He stutters with a smile, reaching his hand out towards Rick. Rick rolls his eyes at the boy, reaching in his lab coat pocket with a hint of reluctance. He hands Morty the portal gun and crosses his arms. I gaze at Morty as he attempts to work with it, fiddling around with the knob. He gives a small nervous laugh and looks up at the two of us.

"(belch) N-nope. Not -not helping you. You're (burp)- You are that one that wanted to be in charge." Rick states stubbornly. Morty frowns at Rick's statement then turns to me. I shake my head.

"Nuh-uh don't look at me." I tell him. He continues to look at me with that look. That stupid look that he knows gets to me.

"You little fucker," I sneer at him. "Give me that." I say, snatching the device away from his hands.

"Where do you want to go?" I say bitterly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk through the portal only to end up in a village of some kind. The time period being somewhere between the 17 or 18 hundreds. All I know is that Morty wanted to go somewhere "adventure-y". Whatever the hell that means. We continue walking in silence, following down a cobbled path.

"God, Morty, what a boring start to an adventure. Why didn't we just go to Kentucky?" Rick complains as Morty continues looking over a map he found earlier.

"Rick, this is a fantasy-type world with creatures and all sorts of fantasy things. We're going on a quest, okay?" The teen states as he folds the map close.

"Can't wait." The taller man responds sarcastically as Morty begins to climb on top of a nearby crate. The young boy stands up straight and clears his throat.

"Ahem. Excuse me! We are three humble heroes in search of adventure!" He announces to the town's people. Soon after a crowd starts to surround us, showing obvious interest in what the young teen had to say.

"Oh, my God, so embarrassing." Rick says lowly while placing his hand over his face.

"You can say that again." I add on with a grimace. To be clear I'm not trying to rain on Morty's parade or anything, in fact for his sake I hope his adventure goes great. I just can't deny that his way of doing things doesn't sit well with me and it's not just because I'm not used to being the sidekick. Morty just comes off as, for lack of a better word, naïve. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I can't blame him for his lack of experience, but you also cant blame me for my reluctance to participate in this so called "fantasy-type" adventure. All I can do now is hope that this wont go too far off the rails.

"At last! Three heroes!" A villager suddenly runs up to us, breaking my train of thought. "You must help us! This village is terribly poor, yet the giant that lives in the clouds above has untold treasures!" The man states in an almost desperate way.

"You know what? I accept your call to adventure, good sir, kind sir. Come on, Rick and (Y/N). There's a giant in the clouds!" Morty states excitedly while jumping off the crate, already making his way towards the giant plant that the villager pointed out earlier.

"Yeah (burp) Beginner's luck."Rick replies simply with an unimpressed tone. He begins to walk close behind Morty with me following not too far along. Once we finally reach our destination I couldn't help but let out a groan in agitation.

"Are we seriously going to climb all the way up there?" I ask with a sigh, not really expecting an answer.

"Y-yup! All adventures h-have complex journeys." Morty replies while grabbing on to one of the many vines that littered the bean-stock.

"Goooood, this is lame." I complain while leaning my head back in boredom.

"Tell me about it." Rick adds on with an equal amount of disinterest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of us jump off the giant plant and land on a wide surface that I assume is a window sill. After looking around our surroundings a bit, Rick begins to speak.

"All right, Morty. We're in your stupid giant's castle. What do we do next?" He asks the young boy in an irritated manner.

"Would you just relax, Rick? All we got to do is find the treasure room, okay? It's nice and simple. You know, I'm sorry everything's going so smoothly and adventurously. " Morty replies as we make our way down to a giant table that rested just below us.

"Psh smoothly and adventurously ,Mort? You almost fell to your death twice and I had to help you in both instances. Decisions that I'm starting to regret." I state, being sure to say the last part under my breath. Not too long after the area around us begins to shake.

"Uh-oh, Morty. Startin' to get a little hairy. What do you want to do, boss?" Rick sarcastically comments at the young boy, showing no care for the possible danger we're most likely in.

"Come on, hurry. Behind this cookie jar." Morty quickly states while grabbing a hold of Rick and I, pulling us behind a large jar close by.

"Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!" A loud voice suddenly booms, it's steps getting louder the closer he got.

"Just give up, Morty. This is game over. I'll take us home right now. You just say the word." Rick tries to reason with him, pulling out his portal gun in the process. Morty gives an annoyed glare before replying to the taller man.

"No way, Rick. This is all part of it. Adventures have conflict. Deal with it."
  The giant begins to speak again but his words are soon cut short. After a loud bang, we come out of hiding to see that the giant had managed to slip and hit his head on the edge of the table.

"Jesus Christ! How's that for conflict, Mort?" I comment as I continue to gaze at the man slowly bleeding and twitching on the floor.

"Holy crap!" Morty spews out in a slight panic.

"Oh, boy. He looks pretty bad down there, Morty. Looks like he's bleeding out." Rick remarks,clearly stating the obvious. Suddenly another pair of footsteps are heard coming towards us. I look up to see a giant women carrying a baby. Her eyes widen at the scene displayed before her.

"Oh, Jesus! Dale!" She yells out, her attention going from his body to the three of us. We quickly try to make a run for it only to be stopped suddenly by a glass cup . I fall back with a groan, rubbing my bruised nose that was caused by the impact of my face against the glass.

"You sons of bitches!" The giant women sneers out in a venomous tone while dialing a number into her phone "Oh, man. Hello, 911? My husband has been attacked by tiny people! He's dying!"

"We're in some deep shit now, Mort" I comment, rubbing away the trickling blood that was coming out of my nose.

(A/N: Okay so I know I haven't posted in a while, consider this my holiday gift to all of you. I am so sorry for updating so late. School has just been kicking my ass and I just lost all motivation to do anything. The bright side is that I'm done with my college applications and my first semester (Thank the lord). The down side is that I am now dealing with one of the stupidest teachers I have ever met. She keeps fucking with my grade simply because she doesn't like me and it makes me go insane. I also just lost a lot of people in my life and my depression and anxiety has been taking a toll on me. I'm currently on winter break so hopefully it'll be enough to get my shit together. Again I apologize, I really don't  disserve all of you and if it weren't for you guys I would have probably stopped writing by now. Thank you for your continued support and sorry for venting. I hope you guys have a good holiday and I'll see you on the next chapter. Stay Beautiful, Keep it Ugly.)