Anatomy Park (Extra)

I pick at the left over food that sits in front of me, leaning my cheek against the palm of my hand. I sigh and let my head fall on top of my crossed arms. Morty and the rest of the group are currently in the living room doing family stuff that I could care less about. Rick duplicates my actions next to me after he's done eating, clearly feeling the same mind numbing boredom I am. I peak to my side and look over at his slouching form. He peaks over at me as well and we stay silent for a while, as if we're both thinking of what to say to break the dull silence.

"Wanna start on the new park?" He asks me. I light up and nod while lifting my head back up.

"But who'll be willing to be the next subject though?" I ask him as he sits up. He hums in thought and soon a smirk slowly begins to spread on his features. I follow his gaze to see him staring at a teen boy holding hands with Summer in the living room.

"Hm......that could work." I comment while smiling over at Rick.

                                                                                           |Time Skip|

"Hey Rick! (Y/N)! Can you hear me?" I hear a female voice call out to us. Rick walks over to lean on the workbench with his hands, facing the phone.

"Loud and clear, Annie." He responds while I lean my arm on his shoulder.

"Great! We're also on with Alejandro, our Chief Imaginarian— " Annie responds.

"Hey Rick and (Y/N)." A male voice greats.

"Natalie Jacobs and Chris Desiter from Microscopic Marketing, Zach from Organ Concepts and Jamie from New Media." The girl continues to introduce.

"Yo, Whats up." I greet.

"Hey everybody." Rick says soon after. The team welcomes the both of us before Annie begins to speak again.

"Okay. Lets get started. (Y/N), lets talk about your concept first." She starts off.

"Lay it on me guys." I respond, hoping that my idea will actually fall through.

"Well here's the thing," A different female tone says with hesitation. "The marketing team doesn't think that the Circulatory Circus is a good enough attraction."

"Oh," I say in a threatening tone. "And why exactly is that?" I ask while grimacing in anger.

"W-Well we all think that a typical park doesn't have a circus. S-s-so maybe it'll be better to-"

"Spit it out, lady!" I interrupt while slamming my hand on the desk.

"Well w-we thought it would be be-better to not in-include it." She stutters in response.

"You tiny motherfuckers." I sneer while reaching out for the phone. Rick grabs my wrist and holds me back. I struggle with his grip on my arm and shoulder but I try to get out of it regardless.

"So. Pirates of the Pancreas." Annie moves on.

"Yeah, talk to me." Rick responds while putting his hand over my mouth so that I don't interrupt her.

"Hey Rick, it's Alejandro speaking. Um, so we asked ourselves internally, we asked ourselves over here, 'Okay, what does a pancreas do?' " I stop squirming for a bit, noticing obvious agitation begin to lace Rick's features.

"And the answer was, does it make pirates? No. It makes insulin, you know? So we're starting with a new-" The man on the line is soon disrupted by Rick, angrily slamming the phone down. He lets go of me and crosses his arms in a defensive manner.

"So those guys are inside me, huh? Like, building a park?" I hear Ethan, Summer's boyfriend, ask while lying down on the tennis table.

"Those guys are inside you building a piece of shit, Ethan! They're inside you building a monument to compromise! Fuck. Fuck those people. Fuck this whole thing, Ethan." Rick rages out on him.

"Cool. And who pays me?" The teen responds. I shake my head and remove the leads from Ethan, grabbing his bundle of clothes.

"No one." I say, harshly handing over his belongings and pushing him out of the garage. I sigh and take a seat by the workbench, supporting my head with both of my hands. I hear Rick continue to curse under his breath as he begins to clean everything up. After a few minutes I feel Rick take a seat next to me. He lets out an exhausted breath while rubbing his face with his palms. His heavy silence is full of anger and agitation. I choose not to say anything to him, knowing fully well that he might lash out. I don't blame him though, we've been working on that park since Christmas and it ended in shit. I sigh but light up once a thought crosses my mind. I open one of my drawers and rummage around for the thing I had in mind. I smile as I bring my hand out, holding on to a medium sized cardboard box.

"Hey," I say nudging Rick a little. "Maybe this will cheer you up." He looks at me with a neutral expression, then looks down at the box in my hand. His eyes stare into mine in confusion before he takes the box.

"I know Christmas was a while ago but its not like youre into that kind of stuff anyway," I start to say as I watch his hands begin to open the package. I see his eyes widen a bit once he sees what it is. He reaches inside and encloses his hands around the cool silver surface of his gift.

"I noticed your flask was in pretty bad shape so yeah." I try my best to explain while awkwardly scratching my cheek. I don't normally do this sort of thing for people but for some reason I bought the flask anyway. I couldn't help but think that it would be something that Rick would enjoy owning. Before I knew it the drinking utensil found its way into my drawer and into the hands of its intended owner. I watch in silence as his fingers go over its silver surface, taking special consideration in the engraving of an 'R.S' etched on the bottom of the can. He looks back up at me and opens his mouth a bit but quickly closes it as if he isnt sure of what to say. I give him a small smile and he returns it with one of his own. He clears his throat while looking back down at the flask.

"Y-yeah. This should work alright." He tries to say simply. I laugh a bit at his sudden change in mood and did my best to ignore the odd warmth in my chest.

"Hey uh R-Rick, (Y/N)?" I look up to see Morty by the entrance of the garage. "Do you guys think you can help me out with studying?" I look over at Rick to see him shrug.

"Yeah whatever." He says while getting up to follow Morty inside. I sit up and slowly follow the two. I stop by the door and look up in surprise to see Rick by the trash, pouring whatever is left inside his old flask into the new one I gave him. He throws the retired metal piece into the trash while taking a sip of alcohol from his gift. He wipes his mouth with his arm and glances over at me.

"You coming?" He asks simply, placing his new flask inside his lab coat. I try my best to change my shocked expression and nod, knowing that my words will fail me. He turns back around and I follow him with a smile and an obnoxious racing heart.

(A/N: Hey so i know this took a while to come out. Im just trying to cram in any last Summer HW assighnments i have. OH MY GOD OVER 1,520 USERS HAVE READ THIS STORY. THAT IS INSANE TO ME. I ALMOST HAVE 100 VOTES TOO, LIKE WTFFFFFFF. Thank you guys so much for your continued support and your halarious comments haha. Honestly reading what you guys have to say is my favorite part of posting on this site. With that being said i would like to add that the next chapter will be completely free form, i wanted to try to make a story with just (Y/N) and Morty on an adventure because idk really what to do for the 4th episode. So while Rick and Jerry are trapped in a simulation, (Y/N) and Morty will be having their own adventure. So naturally it will take a while to come out, especialy since im starting school this week. Anyway thanks again and ill see you in the next chapter. Stay Beautiful, Keep It Ugly)