(Y/N) and Morty

I fiddle with the small light bulb attached to the front of the device. Its camera like structure held together poorly by wire tape and half drilled screws. My hand reaches over to the space around the table, looking for the screwdriver. Once my hand wraps around the familiar object I bring it towards the inside of the machine. Touching up any loose screws and wires. I hear the garage door opening behind me but I ignore it along with the small footsteps coming towards me. I feel the figure pull a chair next me and take a seat. I continue to focus on my work, trying to ignore the pair of eyes that watch me. I sigh and look up, using a finger to push up the pair of glasses that slid down my nose.

"What do you need kid?" I ask the the teen boy.

"Oh u-uh h-hey (Y/N)." He stammers nervously.

"What do you want?" I ask again, squinting my eyes a bit in suspicion.

"Uh no-nothing a-a-at all really. Ju-just watching you work is is all haha." He laughs sheepishly. I lift my brow up in confusion but shrug shortly afterwards, going back to my work.

"Alright then I guess. While you're here might as well give me a hand. Can you pass me the soldering iron?" I say reaching my hand out. He looks around for a bit, pushing through all of the tools that littered the workbench.

"Don't you have school today?" I ask him while he continues to search for the tool.

"Y-yeah but class was canceled today." Morty states simply, finally handing the iron to me. I take the heated pen and use it to meld the wires together.

"Why's that?" I ask, glancing over at him. He sits back down on the chair next to me, shrugging at my question.

"Hm. Okay." I say to him, going back to just focusing on my work.

"W-what are you making?" Morty asks me. I look up and smile, happy to be able to share my project with someone.

"This, my dear friend, is just about the coolest shit I've ever made." I say, lifting the hand held camera to give Morty a look.

"U-uh um an old camera?" The teen boy confusingly asks.

"Its not just a camera, Mort. I altered it to help me erase someone's memories." I say while closing the exposed portion of the device.

"Oh so i-is it like th-that neuralyzer thing  from Men in Black?" Morty asks while looking up at me.

"Sort of. The difference is that the forgetten memory gets coppied into the film. Not only that but with this I'll be able to gain access to any memory I want. So its kind of like a little mind reader that has the fortunate symptom of temporary amnesia." I explain while placing the device into a small pouch and putting it in my jacket pocket.

"Whoa thats uh thats uh pretty neat (Y/N)." Morty states in amazment.

"Eh its nothing really. Rick didnt really think I could do it though, so I made it to prove that jack-off wrong." I state victoriously, while putting my glasses away. I stop and arch my brow in confusion.

"Speaking of which, where is Rick?" I ask while looking down at Morty.

"I-I-I dont know. I kind of assumed he was h-here with you." He responds while rubbing the back of his head questioningly.

"Huh thats odd, he usualy doesnt leave without telling me." I say while bringing my hand to my chin in thought. I think of where he could be and let my mind wonder into the more serious possibilities. A pain in my chest begins to rise up, telling me that I am about to have an attack from the growing fear of not knowing where he is. I take a deep breath through my nose, attempting to calm myslef down. I am not doing this in front of Morty, he'll probably start to worry. I dont want him or anyone to think that im weak because I cant handle a simple anxiety attack. I try to casualy reach into my pocket, bringing out my medication. I down whatever is left in the bottle and sigh in relief.

"I guess its time to restock." I comment while looking at the empty orange bottle.

"Ill be back in a few hours, Mort." I tell him while walking out of the garage, towards my room.

"W-wait up. Can I-I come?" Morty asks while following close behind me up the stairs. I continue to walk down the hall and stop to open the last door next to Beth and Jerry's bedroom.

"Why?" I ask him while walking up to one of my dressers, rummaging through all of my belongings.

"I dont know, May-maybe itll be fun, y-y-you know? L-like our own little little adventure." He replies. I slip on a small backpack and turn to look down at him.

"Are you just saying that because you're bored and Rick is not around to entertain you with something?" I say while lifting a brow, placing both of my hands at my hips.

"N-No jus-just thought it would be nice to ah you know' just hang out." Morty tries to explain, giving me a crooked smile. I sigh and let my hands drop to my sides.

"Alright, I guess bringing you along wouldnt hurt." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"But you have to listen and do what I say.  Where we're going isn't exactly the most safest place in the world. So stay close, got it kid?" He enthusiastically nods at my response with a small smile. I smile back and tell him to go wait in the car while I finish up with what I need to do. I go back to my drawer and begin to take out a few paper cash dollars for the respective location we're heading to, stuffing what I need into the bag. I make sure that I have all of my gadgets in my jacket pockets and start to head downstairs, closing my bedroom door behind me. I open the driver's side to Rick's ship, pushing away any bottles and cans that littered the seat. I slide inside and buckle up, starting the engine shortly afterwards. I toss my bag to the back and look over at Morty. He smiles and gives me a thumbs up. I respond with a smile of my own and begin to lift the vehicle into space.