Pilot Part 3

I quickly turn on my shoes and head down the cliff with Rick following suit.

"Aw man Mort are you okay?" I ask looking down at him. He answers with a series of groaning.

"Morty, oh, you really d-did a number on your legs right now. You know, you got to turn the shoes on, Morty, for them to work. Yeah, look we turned ours on. We had no problem getting down here. It was a leisurely breeze." Rick starts to lecture, coming over to stand next to me.

"I'm in a lot of pain, guys!" Morty moans out in pain.

"YEAh, we can see that. But do you think you'll still be able to help me (burp) collect my seeds, Morty?" Rick asks. I look over at him with displeasure and punch his side. He looks back  with an irritated glance before his attention goes back to Morty.

"Are you kidding me?! That's it, Rick! That's the last straw! I can't believe this! I'm sitting here with both of my legs broken, and you're still asking me about getting those seeds?! Ooh! Ow! Oh! Y-y-you're a monster. Y-you're like Hitler, but but even Hitler cared about Germany or something." Morty angrily argues while lifting up his upper body off the ground.

"Okay, hold on just a second, Morty." Rick states making a portal on the side of the cliff.

I continue to look down at Morty until I felt a cool hand wrap around my wrist. I look behind me to see Rick pull me with him through the portal.

                                                           ~Small time skip with Morty's suffering~

We come back with a serum that would help Morty with his legs. I hand Rick the gun like device and he injects Morty's left leg with the substance. His legs begin to go back into their place, making popping and cracking sounds in the process.

"Wow, Rick, (Y/N). That stuff just healed my broken legs instantly. I mean, I've never felt so good in my life. Thank you."Morty happily stands up and lifts his legs to test them out. I give him a small smile as Rick begins to speak.

"Don't worry about it, Morty. Just come help us get these seeds, all right, buddy?" Rick states walking ahead of us to stand at the base of the tree with his hand over his chin as if he is thinking about something.

"Sure thing, Rick." Morty states as he starts to climb the tree with a bit of a struggle. I walk over to stand next to Rick, starring up at Morty with my hands in my pockets hopping that he wont fall again. I am not down to go back to that dimension any time soon. I look up to my right to see Rick looking down at me. He catches my eye and quickly looks back up at Morty. I shake off the action, even if it did bother me a bit.

"Not that you asked, Morty, but what just happened there is we went into a future dimension with such advanced medicine that they had broken-leg serum at every corner drugstore. The stuff was all over the place, Morty." Rick says as Morty continues to climb up to the top of the mega tree.

"Wow, that's pretty crazy, Rick." Morty states dropping a fruit pod down at us.

"There's just one problem, Mort,"I begin to say as Rick catches the fruit and Morty begins to climb back down. "one little hang-up. The dimension Rick and I visited was so advanced, that they were able to figure out a serum similar to the one I created, that halts the aging process, and everyone there was young and they had been forever." I start, allowing Rick to finish with the bad news.