Lawnmower Dog (Extra)

We go home and clean up all of the alterations that Snuffles made in the house. The rest of the day is normal after that. Beth leaves for an emergency at work and everyone else goes their separate ways in the house. Rick makes his way to the garage while Summer and Jerry head upstairs to their rooms, leaving both Morty and I to ourselves. We both walk over to the couch and lazily drop ourselves into it.

"Gee (Y/N), that was that was some- some day we just had." Morty says over to me.

"You can say that again little buddy." I reply with a sigh. I lean my head back and close my eyes, allowing my body to have the rest it needs after the long day we just had. Silence settles in between us but is soon broken by the teen's squeaky voice.

"You know.....I-Im really glad that y-y-y-you're not dead, (Y/N)."

I lift my head and look down at him in confusion.

"Why? I mean I don't see how anyone would care if I lived or not." I say in a factual tone. Its not that I'm being gloomy or anything like that, its just something that I truly believe to be true. Morty looks back at me and shakes his head.

"Th-thats not true (Y/N). I mean I-I care a-a-a-and Im pretty sure R-Rick would be pretty upset if you were gone."

I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Haha okay kid. No need to lie. You and Rick would probably be completely fine without me. You guys don't need me." I say as I lean my head back and close my eyes again.

"N-No!" Morty exclaims. I jump a little at the slight escalation of his voice and look down at him with wide eyes.

"J-j-j-just shut up okay. You know you- you're just so much in your-your head that you don't realize things. Like h-how Rick treats you better then everyone else and how youre one of of the on-only.... " Morty tries to explain through his stuttering and frustration.

"Whoa, whoa easy there little buddy." I say, attempting to calm him down a bit. "I didn't mean to-"

"Youre one of the only friends I have!" Morty interrupts me, bringing his hands to his eyes. Shock begins to lace my features at the sight of tears seeping through his fingers. I frown and reach over to him hesitantly. I was never really good at comforting others and I really don't want to make this worse. I move closer to him and I lay my arm across his shoulders, pulling him into a small side hug. His sniffling stops abruptly and he looks up from his hands at me. I look back at him and give him a small smile.

"Listen Mort.....I'm sorry okay, I didn't mean to upset you. Its just...." I pause a bit, looking for the right words to explain my point. "Its just hard for me to see it sometimes, that people care. I mean even now I don't really see it...... or see why to be exact. But Ill take your word for it. Okay bud?" I say, ruffling his hair . He laughs a bit and suddenly hugs me. After lifting my arms in surprise I hesitantly hug him back. I look around me a bit and notice that the living room is dimly lit, meaning that it is most likely dark out.

"Cmon, Mort. Its pretty late." I say as I pull away from the hug. He smiles and nods in response, getting off of the couch to get ready for bed. I smile but it drops once I hear the sound of glass shattering. I instantly get up and slowly make my way to the kitchen, reaching for the laser pistol I always keep with me inside my jacket. Taking a deep breath I push open the garage door and peak through. A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I retreat my hand from my coat pocket. I walk over and kneel next to Rick, who is currently laying flat on the floor. I look around to see what made the noise and conclude that it was from the shattered beer bottle next to him. I flip him over to his back and use my thumb to slightly open his eyelid.

"Drunk and high as a kite. Man you've really outdone yourself old pal." I comment, patting his cheek to wake him up. He slightly opens his bloodshot eyes and groans in discomfort.

"Had fun?" I ask him with a smirk. He groans again, attempting to lift his upper body only to fail in doing so. I grab his arm and pull him into a sitting position, using my other hand to support his back. He lifts his hand up to run his fingers through his messy hair. After looking over him I notice a small light blinking in his ear. I take a hold of his chin and move his head to the side to give me a better view of it.

"Hm the dream inceptor. I take it that you and Scary Terry were hanging out for a bit huh?"I ask him. He slightly nods in response while rubbing his eyes.

"Alright, lets get you inside. Ill give you something to help with that hangover." I say as I lift him off the floor. He accepts the help and allows me to bring him inside to sit him at the table. I leave him in the dinning room to get him some water and make him something to help ease the pain he is most likely in.

                                                                                   (Baby time skip)

I come back out to see Rick fast asleep on the table. I walk over and nudge him awake.

"Yo, I made something that can help." I say placing the plate and cup in front of him. He lifts his head up and examines the food I made.

"Really? Eggs? How is that going to help?" He asks me in an unimpressed tone. I take a seat next to him while he slightly pushes the plate away.

"Well considering that your body is currently filled with acetaldehyde, which is the common chemical found in alcohol that creates headaches when too much is consumed, you're going to need some amino acids in your system. Eggs have both cysteine and taurine. The cysteine helps break down the acetaldehyde while the taurine helps boost liver function. So-," I push the plate closer to him.

"- yes. Eggs. Its okay that you questioned me though. Its not like you're a scientist or anything. " I finish with a smirk. He rolls his eyes in irritation and begins to eat. I laugh a little and bring my elbow up on the table, resting my chin on the palm of my hand. I stare out the window, allowing my mind to wonder.

"Why the hell are you still up anyway?" Rick asks me. I turn my head to look at him.

"I think you and I can both agree that we've had enough sleep for today." I reply to him.

"Yeah I see what you mean." He says, taking the glass of water and gulping it down. He stands and picks up his dishes.

"Your eggs are shit by the way." He says as he passes by me to put the plate and cup in the sink.

"You would know that huh." I retort, walking over to him in the kitchen. He turns to me and flicks my forehead. I wince slightly and touch the sore patch of skin.

"What are you a comedian now?" He says with a glare.

"I wouldn't say that, but I do like annoying you sometimes." I say with a laugh. He crosses his arms and smiles a little.

"Aw did I make Rick smile?" I say in a teasing voice. His smile instantly drops.

"Psh not for a loser like you." He replies, walking past me into the garage. I stay where I am and smirk, happy with the amount of teasing I was able to get in today.

"Are you coming to help me or not?" Rick yells at me from the other room. I smile and walk over to the door.

"You know it bud." I say closing the door to the garage behind me.

(A/N: Hey so thank you all sooooo much for reading and voting for my story. The comments have been really fun to read and im so happy that you guys are liking this series. I do plan on adding some other reader insert stories to my profile as well, so if youre intersted in that let me know and ill work on it. Okie dokie guys, Thanks again and Ill see you in the next chapter. Remember to stay beautiful, keep it ugly)