(Y/N) and Morty Part 3

As the light goes off I briefly see a figure in the distance.

"Stay put, kid. Keep your finger over the flash" I tell Morty. He nervously nods his head and snaps another photo. I see the figure once more and slowly make my way towards it, keeping the gun to my side. It goes dark  but I continue forward, trusting that Morty will light the way again.

*Flash*

   The space in front of me brightens up and I see that I'm a little closer to the silhouette. Although it's back is towards me, I can recognize the clothing. The light quickly fades to black.

"Matt..?" I whisper under my breath.

*Flash*

I'm right behind him now. I reach out to lay my hand on his shoulder and once more darkness consumes me. I take a deep breath and turn the figure around. 

*Flash*

My eyes widen and I gulp down my urge to scream. It's face....it looked like Matt's but it was distorted. Flesh hangs from his already decaying features and his eyes lacked any sort of life. He groans again and reaches out towards me, he...-it knocks me to the floor. I try to get up but a weight falls over me. The un-dead creature tries to get at my throat and I place my hand over its forehead as well as its neck, pushing it as far as I can away from me. I slightly gag at the smell and the sickening feeling of my fingers digging into rotten skin.

"Get out of here, Morty!" I yell over at him while still continuing to struggle with the monster.

"B-but..." I hear him stutter.

"NOW!" I yell in a demanding manner, hearing a series of footsteps run away soon after. I turn back to the creature, its teeth snapping at the empty space, hoping to find something to latch on. I look to the side of me and I see that my gun is far from reach.

"Shit!" I state angrily. I take a deep breath and start pushing harder, feeling its soft bones begin to crack under the pressure. It continues to reach out and quickly closes the distance that I struggled to make. Just when it seems like I might be done for, a loud bang goes off and the creature goes limp. I quickly push away the body and get to my feet, breathing heavily from the previous events. After calming myself down, I look up to see Morty. His eyes are wide and I can faintly see him shaking, continuing to hold the gun at the now dead monster. I reach out to lower the weapon while carefully placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey? Its alright, bud." I say in a soft voice. He looks up at me then back to the creature, nodding his head soon after. I take the gun away from his unsteady grip and start to lead him out of the room. I pick up my camera on the way out and hand it to Morty. I notice that he's still shaky but he takes it regardless. He continues to light the way as I begin to walk up the stairs, towards Matt's old lab. I open the door and Morty finally speaks up.

"(Y-Y/N) w-what was that thing?" He asks me. I make my way through the messy room, slightly relieved that we didn't have to rely on the flash due to the open window close by, allowing the moons' glow to dimly light the room. I walk towards the near by shelf and begin rummaging through unlabeled bottles.

"I don't know, Mort. Maybe a zombie or something." I shrug, continuing to search for what I need.

"A z-zombie!? What the hell! W-why are we still here!? L-l-lets go!" He states, yanking on my arm. I shake him off.

"Hold on a sec. Just need to grab some things, then we can leave." I say, pulling out a familiar bottle.

"BINGO!" I say triumphantly, holding out the medication I came for. It only has a few tablets inside but it should be enough to help with at least one attack.