eleven

can we talk about how eleven in german is elf im crying oK SO I KNOW EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER I SAY "oh my god thank you for so-and-so amount of reads" BUT LIKE I'M AT 29K AS I WRITE THIS I CANNOT EVEN THINK HOLY GUACAMOLE

I'M GOING TO WASHINGTON D.C. FOR A CLASS TRIP FROM APRIL 2ND TO 6TH AND SO I'LL BE PRETTY INACTIVE THEN AND I'LL MOST LIKELY BE GETTING MY LAPTOP TAKEN BC GRADES (THANK YOU FOR MY 38 ASSHOLE) AND YEEEEEE SO NO UPDATES FOR A WHILE AFTER THIS AND I ORIGINALLY WASN'T GOING TO UPDATE TONIGHT BUT I STARTED THINKING ABOUT EMMA AND LUKE AND GOT EXCITED YAY OK

ALSO, I KINDA AM IN LOVE WITH POLYVORE WE'RE ENGAGED AND SO I PUT EMMA'S OUTFIT IN THE EXTERNAL LINK YAY SUPER EXCITE oK I THINK IT'S PRE CUTE IDK BOUT YOU BUT WHATEVER(HALLE)

LAST THING: I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE MAKE ME COVERS SO IF YOU MAKE COVERS IF YOU SUCK AT IT IF YOU ROCK IF YOU'RE MOTHAFUCKIN COVER JESUS HIT ME UP PM ME OR WHATEVER, MAKE ME A COVER OR FANART OR TRAILER!!! OR WHATEVER FKN SHIT IT IS YOU GUYS DO I LOVE IT AND IT'LL EARN YOU A DEDICATION AND FOLLOW AND LOTS OF KISSES FROM ME :-)

»

She nervously sucked in a breath as her knuckles hovered over the door, her eyes wandering to her watch again. Emma'd been hesitating in front of it for the past five minutes and she wasn't sure whether she wanted to go through with it. Never in her life had she been alone with a group of boys - let alone one. Yes, there was that fear that maybe she would get gang-banged. But Luke wasn't like that, was he?

Finally, she raised her fist and knocked. Biting on her lip and secretly, deep down, wishing it was the wrong flat building and she had a reason to go home, she teetered back and forth on the balls of her feet. A few seconds passed and she started feeling more anxious. She'd spent quite a lot of time on her appearance to impress him. Not that she cared that much, she just figured it'd be nice to not look like she'd stepped out of a tornado before coming over.

She'd worn some ripped jeans that were too big, so she rolled them up. Her sister lent her a sweater that was sort of a turquoise blue that ombre'd down. It was also slightly cropped, so if she raised her arms, it'd ride up. Emma didn't mind that. Then on her feet were her white Converse high tops, her favorites, so it made sense she wore it for Luke. But the most shocking thing was that she actually allowed Nicole to do her hair. She didn't tell her why but she curled it out for her as opposed to her somewhat natural waves.

The door swung open to reveal Calum, looking at her in confusion before realization hit him. He grinned and stepped aside, allowing her to walk in. Her eyes wandered to all around the flat. It was cute, band posters in every room, even the kitchen. Michael was sitting at the kitchen table, playing on his phone while eating something. There was no sign of Luke or Ashton, but she assumed he'd meet her wherever Cal was taking her, which was the living area. It was complete with a smallish tele, a navy blue couch in the middle, a completely unmatching yellow leather recliner, and more posters. She smiled softly at the sight of a small stuffed penguin on the couch. Luke'd mentioned something penguin related in the store.

"Penguins are my favorite animal," he had said. She quirked an eyebrow. "Because they're the only flightless bird, yet that doesn't stop them from being the cutest." Emma covered her mouth to keep from laughing. "And, like, I read this thing that said that they aren't even afraid of humans. So can I get one as a pet then? Because, unlike in that movie, they can live in warm climates, too, depending on the species. I want one so bad."

Emma listened to him speak about penguins for probably a half hour because he found a facts book about animals in the kids' aisle and he read off all twelve of the penguin related ones. Then when she tried to change the subject, he brought it back. Now she realized why he kept talking about them. He was obsessed. Calum giggled excitedly.

He glanced at a door. "He should be in there, and hopefully he's decent," he grinned before muttering, "and God knows that boy would walk around naked if he wanted." He fake shivered and she blushed at the thought, before pointing to it.

"I can just walk in then, yeah?" she asked and he nodded. Emma crept over to the door, leaning her ear against it to listen for any type of noise. All she heard was a grunt. "I don't know if I should." Calum shrugged his shoulders, plopping down on the couch and holding the penguin to his body. She bursted with confidence and turned the knob and walked in. But she sure as hell wasn't expecting to see what she saw.

There sat Luke Hemmings, bare back to the door, right arm moving spastically and left wiping at his forehead. Her curious green eyes stayed on him as she took a step further into the room. Emma couldn't see anything but a back view but after a quick second of staring at the scene in front of her. With a brief squeak leaving her lips and her one hand moving to shield her eyes, she ran back out before closing - slamming - the door. She'd just caught Luke having a wank.

Calum looked at her in alarm. "The hell," he mumbled, moving to step in front of her. She started pacing back and forth in the living room area before breathing heavily and waving her hands at her face. There was a loud boom in the bedroom in which Luke was doing . . . his thing in before her panicked eyes flitted back to the doorway. "Did you catch him in the middle of-" Calum didn't even finish his sentence because he was laughing so hard.

She was watching him keel over in loud laughter echoeing off the walls when the door opened and Luke walked out, his face flushed and hair damp, in nothing but a pair of shorts. Emma stared at him, feeling somewhat uncomfortable. He looked at her nervously before grabbing her wrist and dragging her into the room.

Emma hugged herself as she looked around, noticing the two beds and even more posters. He stood in front of her awkwardly before running his sweaty palms through his hair, which was just as sweaty and flattened against his forehead. Which, she had to admit, was kind of hot. He took a step back and opened a drawer, pulling out a tank top and sliding it over his head.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," he whispered, stepping closer to her again. She nodded, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, pushing herself against the door. "If it makes you feel better, I was thinking about you and trying to get it out of my system before you came, but to be honest, it didn't work. Because now you're here. And I want to fu-"

She whipped a hand in front of his mouth before he could say it. "That is quite enough."