thirteen

hi I'm willow what's ur name

aight few things. happy spring break if you live where I love in south carolina!!!! ok so that means a few updates yay. unfortunately when school starts again I'll get my phone about 4 hours a day bc my new rules set for me

ok I posted my new ashton story called hell r u excite I am excite bc tbh it's gonna be pre cool I have big plans for it yeeeee and soon I'll have my calum story called mayhem up in a bit idk how long it'll probably be a bit not sure

I made a band twitter for you guys bc I want to connect with y'all on da twatter without u guys being all up on my personal like announcing to my school I write fanfics hA oh my god ok so it is @intoxicatingcal bc I wanted @arcticmichaels but someone has it freaking saved and the person's acc is suspended so that happened but yeah hit me up I'll for sure follow back (:

um I think that's it. what kind of guns to insects use? bee bee guns!!!! ilysm guys you're awesome

»

"Quick question," Luke said.

Emma and Luke were tangled on the couch, sharing a blanket, but barely touching. She took off her sneakers and was in her socks now, so she was curled up. Luke had on a hoodie now, plus basketball shorts that he'd stolen from Calum. Ashton was playing FIFA on the tele, but it wasn't like they were paying any attention, too immersed in each other to really notice the occasional swear leave his mouth when he lost control of the ball or something.

She smiled. "Go for it," Emma said, poking a finger at the hole in her jeans. Luke bit his lip before running a hand through his hair.

"Would you maybe dye my hair back for me? You know, since you said your mum was big on dyeing, you might know a thing or two about it," he replied shyly, not sure if she was going to laugh at him or not. "If not that's okay. I don't expect you to say yes."

"Aw, but you look so cute as a walking eggplant," she pouted, a giggle emitting from her lips. He reached over and flicked her on the nose. "Did you just flick me? Who do you think you are?"

He shrugged. "An eggplant," he muttered, subconsciously moving closer to her. Her stomach turned pleasantly as he somewhat cuddled into her side, her right hip pressed into the arm of the couch and her left being dug into my Luke. "But would you?"

She nodded coolly. "Yeah, I guess," she said, pulling the blanket over them more. She felt really cold all of a sudden. At that moment, her stomach growled loudly, her bright green eyes widening. "Oh my."

"Do you want dinner?" he laughed, hopping off the couch and offering both his hands, to which she slipped both of her tiny, soft ones into. "I hope you can cook. Because none of us can."

Emma rolled her eyes, allowing him to tug her up effortlessly. She was light as a feather, it seemed. They walked together into the small kitchen area, messy with dishes and random ingredients all over the place. Luke picked up a piece of bread, sniffed it, cringed, then threw it in the garbage. This must've been what it was like when four sloppy teenage boys lived together.

Luke looked at her helplessly, not sure what to do now that they were in the kitchen. She opened the cabinets and found boxed macaroni and cheese, some canned cherries, and a bag of chips. Figuring the mac-'n-cheese was the best way to go, she picked that out and held it up, watching him nod excitedly. After some more searching, she finally found a pot and filled it with water, turning the water on. Then she leaned against the counter, looking at him.

"So why were you so calm when we were being arrested?" she asked, and he sucked in through his teeth, touching his bottom lip with his fingers. A moment passed. "I mean, I'm assuming you've been before, since you're not answering and your whole attitude."

He licked his lips and shrugged his hands into the front pocket of his hoodie, looking at the still water on the stove. "I've been three times total, all for stupid shit," he admitted, and she nodded, encouraging him to proceed on. "Um, the first time was when I was a freshman in high school and the SRO caught me and some other kids smoking in the bathroom. My second was when I ran too slow when the cops showed up at an insane high school party junior year. And then the third was when I punched this guy in the nose for being an asshole to this girl at the another party. Guy had it coming."

Emma's eyebrows raised as she looked at the boy in front of him. He had this whole punk hoodlum vibe about him, and it drew her to him more. The last thing really got to her. He wasn't even a douchebag. "Didn't your parents draw the line at some point?" There it was again, her goody-goody streak coming to show.

"I mean, yeah, my mum was pissed off at me for a whole two months after the smoking thing. But I think she just stopped worrying after the second. Like she felt like it wasn't worth her time or something. I don't know."

A frown etched onto her face. "I'm sure that's not true, Luke," she replied, and by now the water was boiling. She pulled the small package of fake cheese out of the box before pouring the noodles into the water. Luke shook his head before pulling a big red spoon out from a drawer and stirring the pasta.

"I swear to you, when she finds out I was arrested again she'll say, 'Just like his father,' to my aunt or something," Luke's jaw began to tighten and he was starting to rage. "I don't really want to talk about this right now, so, how long do you cook the macaroni for?" She looked at his hard face for a minute before picking up the box and telling him. "Good. It'll be done by the time Calum gets back from the store."

She remembered him leaving to go to the store, but wasn't sure what for. It confused her as to why he didn't just go on the way home from his work. "Oh, yeah. What is he getting?"

Luke turned away so he could pull out the milk, butter, and a bowl. "He's getting the hair dye," he mumbled, still a bit irked from the previous conversation. Emma noticed he was on edge and placed a hand on his arm, making him look at her.

"I don't want to be the reason why you're sad, Luke," she whispered, moving her hand up to his shoulder. "I'm sorry about your mum, but she doesn't matter right now. I know who you are and I know you're a good person. If she doesn't see that, she's not worth stressing over. Now smile." Luke stared at her. "Do it."

His blue eyes bounced. "You're kidding me," he chuckled, though he still wasn't smiling. It was when she reached up and used her two pointer fingers to pull up the corners of his mouth to make a smile that he knew she was serious. "I'm not smiling."

"What if I did this?"

She asked before moving some feet away and jutting out one foot and sticking the opposite arm in the air, then doing the opposite. It was like some stupid looking dance. And she moved closer to him again.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Britney Spears."

"Britney Spears, who?"

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Oops, I did it again."

This time, Luke couldn't help but to crack a smile, looking down at his feet and trying to hide it. Emma cheered, throwing both hands in the air and clapping. Michael walked in to see what the commotion was about and Em grabbed him by the elbow and pointed at the lilac haired boy's smile, only making him smile harder. Enough to turn away and face the sink.

Michael looked at Emma strangely. "You're weird, dude," he muttered and she shot him a thumbs up with a cheesy grin. He shook his head and laughed at her antics, going back to watch Ash play, muttering, "Emma is the polar opposite of Luke."

She just ignored that and skipped over to Luke, turning his face to look at her. His eyes crinkled at the side as she smiled at him, and vice versa. Then the timer went off and Luke snuck a chaste peck to her cheek, then maneuvering around her, making her gasp. "Luke! Did you just do that?" she said, trying to sound offended. "Yeah, you get that colander, you thief. Kiss stealer."

"Still wasn't a kiss," he responded, straining the noodles of the water in the colander and when he finished putting the butter-milk-cheese mixture into it. "You'll know when it counts, Em, trust me." She squinted her eyes at him. "And, before you ask, yes, I'm getting cocky."