twenty-six

I'm writing a lashton fic ayy lmao go read it it's called fall

okay I don't know where to start I just want to say a major thank you for everything that you guys have done for me, okay? it's just I'm not even sure how I've gotten this far. usually by now I would've gotten bored w aisle five and deleted it, but thanks to you guys, the love for this story is still as strong as it was in the beginning

so, thank you!!

also. I hit 1m. I cried in government okay it was an emotional day for me so another fucking thank you you beautiful little assholes

I have a new fav Luke ff and it's called faded by jadedluke aka Em and she's absolutely amazing w great music taste I love her so much okay. faded is so great like Luke goes to this party and is drunk and texts his ex that he wants to fuck but it ends up being the wrong number omg it's great and so realistic and ushejdneksne

the aquarium in this chapter is based off of ripley's aquarium here in myrtle beach plus a few things that I made up lmao okay

why can't you hear a pterodactyl using the bathroom? because the 'p' is silent oh my god I choked

»

Emma's fingers lightly touched the glass separating her from the multiple fishes in the tank.

Her eyes bounced as a particular fish responded to her hand being there and darted to it, making her giggle. Luke stood by, not even paying attention to the fish at this point, because there was something way more beautiful in front of him.

Luke loved the way her eyes would light up when something intrigued her, and how she would tug on his sleeve to point out one of her new favorite fish. He also loved when she kind of cuddled into his jacket. Emma somewhat drowned in it in the first place, it being much bigger than her, but with her slim figure, she looked absolutely tiny. Luke loved it.

"Look, Luke!" she cried, pulling him by the shirt fabric on his waist towards her, making eye contact with him to make sure he was looking. Em pointed to a clown fish, orange and white in all it's glory. "I think that's my new new favorite."

A low laugh left his throat and he beamed at her, making her look up at him and shoot him a look as if to say, 'what?' and her cheeks darkened in the blue light from the reflection of the water. "You're so-" he stopped himself before he said cute, or adorable, or any other word to send his masculinity down the drain.

"What?" she demanded, her green eyes catching the blue of his before he shrugged, and she rolled her eyes. "I don't like you- oh! Luke, look at that fish! It's sleeping!" A fish was at the bottom of the tank and he wasn't sure how to break it to her lightly.

Luke leaned towards her. "Em," he mumbled, "it's not sleeping. I think it's dead."

He watched her eyes shoot up to him and he frowned, seeing her pouting. "This is a children's aquarium," she stated. "Why would they put dead fish in a tank and say, here, kids, look at this dead fish."

And then Luke started laughing and laughing and he couldn't stop, because Emma King was just so damn cute and how could anyone not laugh at her. He took her hand and they moved further into the aquarium. She expected him to drop it, but he instead just held onto her hand tightly, linking together their fingers.

A squeal emitted from his lips as he saw something particularly exciting across the way, and they were running past everyone, knocking over some people, flying past some exhibit of a mermaid or some shit. Emma's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she wanted to die because running was not her forte.

"Penguins!" Luke shrieked as they stopped in front of a small exhibit. Emma started to giggle as he pressed his nose to the glass and waved to the little black birds. "Hi!"

They stood there for probably ten minutes before Emma finally dragged him away so they could get food. He'd bid his goodbyes to the penguins before they moved to the small food court they had. Luke told her to find a seat while he ordered their chicken fingers and fries (it was like an unspoken truth). She weaved through the small dining area until she found a not-that-sticky table near the corner.

She heard her name and she whipped around, her eyes scanning the area to see who it was. Then she saw Andy coming towards her with a little girl on his hip. He put her down and she ran towards a turtle statue. "Hey, Powell, it feels like you're following me," Emma said, glancing at the counter. Luke was standing there sassily with one hip jutted out and holding his phone.

He chuckled, running his hands through his dark hair. "How can I not? You're so irresistible," Andy trailed off. Em knew he was kidding (right?) but her cheeks still heated up. "My dad made me take Lily or else. Are you here alone?"

"Oh, no . . . Luke is over there," she said, pointing to where Luke had now seen Andy and was clearly glaring. He didn't move from his spot, though. "I, um, I'm gonna' go over there with him, okay?"

She started towards Luke, but Andy grabbed her wrist. He pulled out a pen from his pocket (who the fuck carries pens around?) and took her hand, writing down his number onto her skin. She cringed. "Call me so we can see a movie or something," he murmured before brushing past her to go grab Lily. She quickly walked over to Luke.

He picked up her hand and looked at the number scribbled legibly. "I want to kick his ass," he growled and Emma jumped from the malice in his voice. "He saw me over here but he still- ugh. Let me hit him."

She shook her head and played with the open zipper of his jacket. Silence overcame them and his number was called, so he went to collect the food, before they went to the table she chose. They began eating, and it was really awkward, and she wanted to say something, but didn't know what.

Luke hooked his ankles around hers and swung them back and forth slightly. He pressed his lips together before saying, "I like you a lot," and she blushed.

"I like you, too."

"No, but I really like you. And it's freaking me out because I don't know if I've ever liked someone this much before. Like, I get stupid butterflies and we haven't even known each other for that long and it's all really weird," he said and she stopped eating. "And, like, I get nervous around you, like I need to be perfect all the time. Like, just now, I got so defensive over you because you're mine and not his."

Emma felt her cheeks blazing and he waited for her to say something - anything. "I don't know what to say but I feel the same way," Em finally said.

"Be my girlfriend," he blurted out and now both of them had rosy cheeks and were staring at each other with these looks of such emotion. "Oh, god. Sorry, that kind of slipped out and, wow, I'm an idiot."

He watched her face break out into a smile and his insides melted. "I'll be your girlfriend if you be my boyfriend," she giggled and he leapt out of his chair, bringing her up with him, and slammed his lips to hers.