thirty-eight

I'm updating again bc ily

wrapped around your finger is so fucking sweet baby jesus I just oh my michael I just what really the f e e l s

emma and luke have twitter! em's is @EmRoseKing and Luke's is @LukeRHA5! but we don't have the rest of the boys or sara or marie! so go talk to emma and Luke, ask them questions and get to know them! don't ask for updates though okay ye

anyways this chapter is double what I usually write so lucky u

what do you call a skeleton in the closet? last years hide and go seek winner! (thanks ashley for that)

»

The next morning she woke up to her phone ringing incessantly. She picked it up without looking at the ID all groggily.

Luckily it was just her mum, and she sounded particularly chipper today. "Em, dear. You need to come here," she said and Emma groaned, flopping the pillow over her face. "Oh, please. It's twelve o'clock."

"I'm sorry, mother," Emma grumbled, "I stayed up until, like, four crying because I swear I heard a noise and you weren't there to check it for me." Her mum laughed on the other end. "Why do I need to come home?"

She ran her hand through her hair (which was dreadful) and waited for her mother's reply. "Just hurry up," Ms. King chuckled before hanging up, leaving Em to her own thoughts. Finally lugging herself out of bed, she got herself dressed.

Emma wanted to look better, so she picked out a white tank top that was slightly see through so she wore a black bandeau under it, and then some acid high waisted shorts, and her black Converse high tops that Marie had gotten her for her birthday. She even straightened out her hair. Maybe she'd get some grocery shopping done. Oh, what if she made cookies for her neighbors. That'd be fun.

On her way to her mum's, she jammed to some Ellie Goulding and tweeted a bit at a stop light before pulling into her driveway. It was good weather, hot with a nice breeze, so it was neutral.

Robin was in the kitchen waiting for her with a knowing smile, holding a small envelope in her hands. Em hugged her mum before sitting down at the island and grabbing an orange. "What was so important that I had to put pants on, so I could come here-"

"Luke came by."

That shut her up. She peeled the orange slowly, waiting for her mum to continue talking. What the hell would he be doing at her house?

Ms. King handed the envelope over to Em and she took it with shaky hands, toying at the flap. "I think you should take him back, Emsy," her mother said and Emma looked up at her in confusion. "He regrets it. You can tell." She nodded slowly and opened the envelope (Robin already peeked) and found a note. She recognized Luke's terrible handwriting.

Where do you find hair dye? was all that was written on it and she frowned, looking on the back and inside the envelope for anything else, but that's all there was. Except for one little Starburst wrapper stuck to the little paper. "What is this s'posed to mean?" she asked and her mum laughed.

"I had a talk with him, and he told me not to tell you," Robin said cheerfully. "You need to figure it out on your own."

She walked out, and Em yelled a goodbye before leaving quickly and making her way to her truck. Her fingers fumbled for the paper as she stared at it and tried to figure out what the frick it meant. And then she remembered all at once before starting the ignition and making her way to the pharmacy. She actually let a smile form on her face as the images of their being in here came back.