Chapter 3: Best Day of my Life

Francesca’s P.O.V

Once the doctors released me an hour and a half later, it was about 9:30 at night. My mom had joined Jaz, the boys, and I at the hospital to sign papers and pay for the hospital bill. All 8 of us walked out of the hospital room together and stopped once we got outside, feeling the cold breeze brush against us.

“You need some rest Francesca, I’ll drive you home. You can sleep over if you want Jaz,” my mom said.

“Great,” Jaz smiled.

A silence broke out, and we all awkwardly stood there. I fidgeted with my ring, which I always do when I’m nervous or feel awkward.

Harry gratefully broke the awkward silence, “Paul’s waiting for us in the tour bus, so I guess we should get back to the hotel.”

“Can we get food on the way?” Of course Niall would ask that, that boy’s always hungry; he has the appetite of a 9 month pregnant elephant.

A bunch of get better’s and nice to meet you’s chorused, as all five of these living sex gods each hugged Jaz and I one at a time.

Harry however, spoke before hugging me. “Hopefully we can go out to lunch one day or go out for tea. I’m not really sure what Americans do when they go out on dates.” His cheeks blossomed and turned red; I’m assuming he didn’t mean to say the last word.

Harry Styles wants to go on a date with me? This cannot be happening. It’s surprising enough I even got a chance to talk with them, let alone breathe the same air that they were.

Before I even got a chance to reply, I felt his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug. His warm, minty breath panted in my ear. My heart skipped a few beats and I felt my cheeks burning. I wrapped my arms around his body, pulling him closer. He didn’t even attempt to back away, our bodies remained touching and I felt his arms squeeze me. A few seconds later, I broke away from our hug. When his arms collapsed from touching my back, his lips met my cheek. It was obviously too soon for our lips to be touching; I may know a lot about him from all the articles and news stories I’ve read, but he knew nothing about me. When he backed away, we met eye contact and exchanged smiles.

We were so close that I could see the incredible detail in his face. He’s perfect. He looks like an ancient Greek sculpture.

Before saying a word, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly; I noticed my twitter name still scribbled on his hand in marker from the signing, slowly smudging off. “Can I have your number? I feel like it’d be easier than DM’ing you.” He let go of my hand and handed me his phone; I added a new contact. I typed in my number and saved my name as ‘text to find out who this is ;)”. Handing back his phone, my mom pulled on my arm impatiently wanting to go home.

Harry stared down at his phone, realizing that my contact wasn’t saved as ‘Francesca’.

“Wait,” he grabbed me, stopping me, “what’s it saved under?”

“That’s for you to find out,” I winked and turned back around while being dragged by my mother and Jaz at the same time.