Chapter 18: Rooftop Tales

Harry’s P.O.V

“Good morning,” I opened my eyes to Francesca standing next to my bed, holding a plate filled with eggs, toast, and bacon and a cup of orange juice.

Rubbing my eyes, I smiled when I saw her. “Good morning.”

“Don’t rub your eyes; your left eye is still swollen!”

“Okay mom,” I joked.

She handed me the plate and placed the cup on the nightstand; then she walked around the bed and sat down next to me.

“Are you feeling any better?” She asked worryingly.

I sat up and turned to face her.

Grabbing her hand, we both smiled.

“Francesca, you don’t have to worry about me. I’m fine.” I kissed her on the lips.

She took a piece of toast out of my hand, bit it, and jumped up.

Walking over to my closet, she grabbed a shirt and a pair of pants and threw them at me.

“Get dressed Harry. Management wants to speak to the both of us.”

“Sit down.” Paul ordered when we entered the room.

3 other men from management and 2 from security sat with a serious expression on their face.

Louis must have told them.

“Why so serious?” I laughed.

Paul mocked me. “Why so serious? Harry, have you looked in the mirror? It looks like someone hit you with a purple paintball and it exploded all around your eye.”

I shrugged. “So?”

So?” He continued. “You nearly died yesterday; you broke my rules, and now you nonchalantly walk into this room and act as if it’s no big deal? This wasn’t an accident like falling off the monkey bars and getting a little scratch; you were beaten up by men bigger than me and had a gun pointed directly at your forehead.”

“I’m sorry Paul, they came after me. It’s not like I walked up to them and asked them to do this.”

“Why were you walking down a dark alley at nighttime anyways?”

“We were being chased by fans…” Before I could continue, Paul interrupted me.

“Fans? You know the rules about security Harry! Why would you walk the streets of New York City without any security guards with you when thousands of A+ fan girl stalkers know where you are at all times?”

“I’m sorry Paul, okay?!” I yelled.

He backed away from me.

Francesca just sat there in silence.

Paul let out an angry growl. “What has gotten into you Harry?”

“Nothing.”

“Now that you have a girlfriend, do you think you can talk to me however you want? I’m your manager Harry, I work my ass off to keep you and the boys safe and keep One Direction from falling apart. This is how you repay me?”

When I didn’t answer, and just looked down, he sighed.

“I’m sorry Harry; I don’t want to do this but you’re not allowed to leave this hotel for a week if it doesn’t require your work.”

“That’s not fair!” I jumped up. “I’m 18 years old, not 4! I don’t need to be in time out to know that I’m wrong. I know that I’m wrong. Just please Paul. I have something to do tonight.”