Chapter 25: "I love you and only you."

I’m making a sequel to this story when it’s over, and the girl he talks about in this chapter is really important in the sequel.

“Thanks for meeting with me.” Francesca smiled when she saw Harry for the first time since their fight.

He was finally out of jail, and they met up at a quiet, isolated park in the town Francesca lived in.

“What was so important that you needed to tell me?” Harry asked, rolling his eyes.

“Joe made me lie. He was the one who did this to me.” She pointed to her black eye and bruises.

“Why did you lie?”

“He made me.”

“But why did you? Francesca, you’re hiding something from me, I know you are.”

“I’m not hiding anything from you.”

“Then why are you so scared of Joe?”

“I don’t want people knowing about you and I’s relationship.”

He sighed. “What’s the real reason? What is so bad about people finding out?”

It was because of her secret. 

As much as she wanted to be honest with him, she couldn’t.

“I can’t tell you.”

“You know what?” He jumped off the swing furiously. “I’m sick and tired of all these lies. Relationships are built on trust, but ours clearly wasn’t. I’m done. I don’t want anything to do with you, don’t text me, don’t call. Forget everything. Goodbye, Francesca.” Harry began to walk away.

Please.” She begged him to come back, but he kept walking. “Joe’s dangerous, you have no clue what he’s capable of, and that’s why I can’t tell you.”

He stopped, and slowly turned around.

She continued. “I wish I could be honest with you, I really do. It’s for the both of our safety.”

“Tell the cops about him! Get him arrested so that he can’t hurt us then.”

“It’s not that easy.” She took a few steps closer to him. “It’s if he goes to jail is what we have to worry about the most, that’s when he’s the most dangerous, having police and lawyers all around him at every time of the day.”

She took one more step closer to Harry. “It’s for your safety; please believe me when I say that. Just like you tried to protect me that night in the alley, I’m trying to protect you right now.” She took another step towards him, reaching for his hand. Harry didn’t pull back. “I love you, Harry.”

He stared into her pleading eyes that were begging for him to forgive her.

Their long eye contact made her tear. She really was in love with him.

With his finger, he wiped the tear gently off her cheek.

He couldn’t help it; he wrapped one arm around her and pulled her into a long, meaningful kiss.

That kiss brought everything back, all the laughs, the kisses, the talks, the feelings.

Despite the hardships in their relationship, despite the lies and games, despite the fights, they were very much in love. 

It wasn't just a teenage fling, it was a real love.

It was the type of love that people felt at weddings.

It was the type of love that everyone grew up wishing they'd find one day.

It was the type of love that no matter what they both went through, in the end they wanted to be together.

It was the type of love when two people are meant to be.

When they both pulled back, Francesca stared into his eyes. “Before me, were you ever in love?”

Harry bit his lip. “To be honest, I never knew what love was really like before you. There was a girl, Leah, though, who I really liked. We were dating for a little less than two months.”

“What happened?” She asked.

“I was leaving for X-Factor; I had to break up with her. We weren’t in love or anything like that, I guess it was just the unfinished relationship that had me missing her for a while. But that doesn’t matter anymore, I love you and only you.”