Chapter 19: The visit

Harry’s P.O.V

HA! I win!” Francesca jumped off her chair, bragging that she had beaten me in her card game.

“You cheated!”

“Oh, don’t be a sore loser Harry!” She stuck her tongue out at me.

I got up from my seat, and walked to the cupboards, rummaging through them until I found a bag of chips that satisfied me; then, I walked back over to her.

“Get your own chips!” I jokingly snapped when she tried to reach inside the bag.

“Well you did take them from my cabinet, so technically they are mine.”

“Fine.” I offered her the bag, as she reached into it.

When she went to bite the chip, I crushed it.

She let out a fake cry as I smirked; we both laughed.

But the smile wiped off my face when I noticed something outside.

The shadow of a man flashed on her curtain.

I turned her around, pointing to the shadow.

She looked at the shadow, then at me, then back at the shadow.

Without a word, she grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs.

When we got to her room, she closed the door and locked it, as tears began to form in her eyes.

She dropped to the ground, covering her face with her hands.

Dropping to the ground next to her, I wrapped my arm around her.

“Don’t be scared; want me to call the police?”

She took her hands away from her face, her eyes bloodshot red.

“Last week, I slept at Jaz’s house. The same thing happened. A man was outside her window, we thought it was a robber, but..” She stopped, gulping.

“But what?”

She took a deep breath. “He knew my name.”

I jumped up. “We have to call the police.”

“Don’t. Then my mom will know you were here, and one of the policemen is the father of a girl that goes to my school. He’ll recognize you; she has pictures of your face plastered all over her walls.”

Creepy.

“I rather people know about our relationship than something happen to you.”

“It’ll be okay.” She insisted.

I walked over to her window that was facing the backyard where we saw the shadow.

Peeking through the blinds, I noticed a man.

He had a baseball cap on and old clothes, making no movement, just standing still in the backyard.

Francesca walked over towards me, also looking at the strange man through the blinds.

His face wasn't visible from this angle; therefore, Francesca couldn't recognize him.

After about 30 seconds, the man began inspecting the house.

He looked up, exposing his face, but not noticing us.

A scruffy beard grew on his face, and his nose was identical to somebody's, but i couldn't picture who.

Francesca let out a quiet yelp, backing away from the window.

I turned around to look at her, witnessing her cheeks grow pale.

Her eyes widened; her body froze.

“What’s wrong babe?” I walked over to her, but she pushed my hand off of her, falling to the bed.

She made no sound, sinking into her bed.

“What is it Francesca? Do you recognize him?”

Burying her head in her pillow, she began weeping.

“Francesca, what is it?”

Her cries grew louder.

I walked over to the window, peeking through the blinds to the man still standing in the same spot, and walked back over to her bed.

She sat up, now wrapping her arms around me and burying her head into my shoulder, her tears seeking through my t-shirt.

“Can you please tell me what’s going on?”

When she backed off my shoulder and stared straight into my eyes, I wiped her tears with my fingers.

“Francesca…?”

She gulped loudly.

………………….

…….

.

………………………………………

……………..

…………………………………………………….

…………………………

“That man outside......Harry, that's my father.”