Chapter 8: School

4 days later

Francesca’s P.O.V

It has been 6 days since Harry and I first met, 6 days since our first date, 5 days since Joe and I’s shower, and 3 days since I last saw Harry. Harry and I had gone out on our last date on Tuesday, he was busy with his work and concerts, while I was busy with school. It was a Friday now, and we’d planned to reunite again after school.

We had only had sex that one time on our first date, which I still felt disgusted by. My feelings for Harry had grown in the past 6 days; it felt as if I’d known him forever.

Joe was still staying in my house, and from time to time we would share kisses and romantic moments, but my feelings for him had slowly begun to disappear. Now it was Harry who was constantly on my mind, not Joe.

As time started to fly and I was done doing my make-up and hair, Jaz texted me telling me she was outside my house to drive me to school. Jaz had her license, while I didn’t. If I wanted to get my license, I could, it would just be difficult. We are in the same grade but she’s two years older than me; Jaz had missed the cutoff, being born in late December; therefore, she was stuck in a grade with people a year younger than her. To make things worse, when her sister was diagnosed with cancer when I was in 2nd grade and she was in 3rd, she missed a bunch of school to attend her doctor appointments. All the absences added up, and she was forced to repeat 3rd grade due to her attendance failure while all her classmates moved up to 4th grade. That’s when we met, and we’ve been inseparable ever since.

Unfortunately though, in the summer going into 6th grade, her 9 year old sister lost her battle with cancer, and passed away. It was hard on all of us; it still is to this very day.

Jaz drove me to school every morning, ever since she got her license. That was the only time she was allowed to drive her car, to school and back each day. After school if she wanted to go anywhere she would have to ask her mom or dad or older brother, that was one of her parent’s rules.

“Good morning,” I said as soon as I stepped into the passenger seat of her car.

“Mornin’,” she mumbled while stuffing her face with a bagel.

The rest of the car ride was just like any other day; we talked, sang to the radio, discussed the latest gossip, talked about our love life, and other things that best friends normally talk about.

“So how’s Harry?” She randomly mentioned, while her eyes still stayed glued to the road.

“Good, we’re hanging out later.”

“And by hanging out you mean staying in his hotel room with him and…”

“No!” I cut her off.

She removed her eyes from the road and shot me a quick “yeah right” glance.

“Why’s that so surprising to you?”

“Oh c’mon Jess, I’m your best friend. You’ve never had a problem telling me these things, and now you’re dating a rich, talented, beautiful, famous singer who any girl would die to even breathe the same air as he does, and all of the sudden you hide things from your best friend. You have one of the most famous boys in the world at this moment head over heels for you, always inviting you to his hotel room, and you’re trying to convince me that you don’t fool around with him? Oh please.”

“Well…once.”

“Spill.”

“Saturday.”

“After you and Joe….”

“Yes.”

“YOU SLUT!” Jaz and I always joked around like that, and it didn’t seem to bother either of us.