Chapter 15: The Fight

The next day

Francesca’s P.O.V

Jaz and I were barely able to sleep that night.

We made sure all the windows and doors were locked, and ran upstairs to her room.

Who was the man outside her window the night before?

Unfortunately, it was a Monday morning now, so we had to go to school running on only 2 hours of sleep.

I took a shower at Jaz’s house and borrowed some of her clothes.

Without bothering to do my hair or put make-up on, we hopped in the car to school.

The car ride was completely silent; we didn’t speak one word to each other or turn on the radio.

It wasn’t because we were made at each other or anything; we were still shaken up from the night before.

We were early to school so Jaz came with me to my locker.

On the walk there, Julia purposely tripped me and I face-planted on the ground.

When I got up and turned around to look at her, she smirked and apologized in a fake tone.

I was so stressed out; I was not in the mood to be messed with.

“Give up already Julia; I didn’t want to be your friend anymore, but that doesn’t give you permission to be such a bitch all the time.”

Everyone in that hallway turned around to stare at the scene.

“Wow, look at you thinking you’re so tough,” She walked in closer to me, only inches away from my face. “But sweetie, you can cut the attitude; we all know your toughness is fake.”

“That’s not the only thing that’s fake,” I laughed while I pulled the tissues out of her bra.

Her mouth formed into an ‘O’ and her eyes widened as she filled up with embarrassment.

The giant group of people that now surrounded us bursted into laughter. Everyone was cracking up about her stuffing her bra.

“You bitch!” She screamed while pulling on my hair and smacking me.

Wow, what a girly fighter.

I made a fist and swung at her face.

She released her hand from my hair and put it over her nose, realizing that it was gushing blood.

“Okay everyone, the show’s over.” My old Spanish teacher pushed through the crowd. “Julia, go to the nurse. Francesca, go to the office now.

Everyone, including Jaz, high-fived me on the way to the office.

“Nice job Francesca, I didn’t know you had it in you, you showed her whose boss,” Julia’s ex laughed.

When I walked in the office, the secretary told me to take a seat and wait for the principal since he was in a meeting.

I sat down in a blue, uncomfortable chair in the office, fiddling with my ring.

The guidance counselor walked out of his office, speaking with someone who had a very familiar voice. I looked up, nosily seeing who it was.

Joe.

I gave him a confused face once he saw me.

“Hi Francesca!”

“Joe, what are you doing in my school?”

The guidance counselor put his hand on Joe’s shoulder, “He’s one of your new classmates now,” he smiled.

“What?”

“I’m missing too many days of school by staying here, so your mom suggested that I transferred and stayed with you guys until the end of the year.”

It was May, which meant I only had a month and a half left of school, but it was still too long. School was basically the only time I could get away from Joe, and now I have to see him here every day too?

I faked a smile.

Joe was staying in my house for that long?

Great.

“Francesca, you can go into my office now.” The principal walked in, directing me to his office.

“What’d you do?” Joe asked, but I ignored him.

I walked into his office, and he shut his door behind him.

We both sat down, “What were you thinking?” He sighed.

“She tripped me and then gave me an attitude. She slapped me and pulled my hair before I even punched her.”

“It doesn’t matter who hit who first, you still did an act of physical violence. That is not allowed in this school. You’re suspended; you can come back to school on Monday. I’ll call your mother to pick you up.”

There’s an old man stalking me who knows my name, I got into a fight, then I find out Joe’s moving in with me for longer and switching to my school, and now I’m suspended.

This day just keeps getting better and better.