Chapter 22: Over

“Where’s Francesca?” A very sleepy Harry woke up, scratching his head and questioning the rest of the boys.

“She left.” Niall answered, munching on cereal.

“When?”

“Like an hour ago. What happened bro?”

Harry was furious; she didn’t even say bye to him.

Why did she leave without telling him?

Remembering what happened the night before, he slapped his head.

“Harry?” Niall clapped in his face, trying to wake him up from his daydream.

To Francesca:

Nice of you to say bye to me. Just checking in to see if you made it home okay.

“HARRY!” Niall grabbed his phone away from him, trying to get his attention.

“What?!”

“What happened? You guys were acting weird last night and now she left very early in the morning without saying bye to you. You didn’t even sleep in the same room.”

“We broke up.” Harry casually answered, grabbing his phone from Niall and walking away into his room.

He noticed she had made his bed, fluffing the pillows and tidying up his comforter. She threw the clothes she borrowed from him into the laundry basket and put the filled basket next to the door for room service to wash.

From Francesca:

Yeah, I did. Thanks. My friend took the bus out here and then we took the car back home since she has her license and I don’t.

To Francesca:

Ok. Glad you made it home safe.

When she didn’t answer within the next hour, he texted her again.

To Francesca:

Are you mad at me?

She answered within minutes.

From Francesca:

No, there’s no reason to. Good luck, Harry.

Good luck with what?

To Francesca:

What happened to us being friends?

From Francesca:

Ex’s can’t be friends. I had fun. Thanks for everything and tell the boys bye for me  xx

To Francesca:

It wasn’t supposed to end this way.

From Francesca:

What way was it supposed to end?

To Francesca:

Please, meet up with me tomorrow so we can talk about this.

From Francesca:

There’s nothing to talk about. Just please don’t text this number again. Good luck with everything

He hurled his iphone across the room, not even caring whether it was broken or not.

His lips began to tremble, but instead of crying he screamed.