7.

It was after school when Veronica was by her car waiting on Bella to hurry up and come out. She had her music in but she couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched so she turned her head to see none other than Edward Cullen staring over at her. There eyes locked together as he gave her a crooked smile and a wave. Veronica smiled back and waved at him unknown that a car was coming for her until she looked when the screeching sounds of tires were heard. Veronica's eyes widened as the car was coming closer towards her spinning out of control. She could see it was Tyler as he looked straight at her in fear.
"VERONICA!" Edward shouted as he used his vamp speed to stop the car from coming towards her making it hit the front of it instead.
Veronica's eyes were wide and filled with fear as a dent was in Tyler's car.
"Veronica are you okay?" Edward asked as the two were inches apart from each other.
"I-I- Edward," she said shocked as she clinged onto his shirt tightly as she began crying on his shirt ignoring everyone else around them as he pulled her closer to him and rested his head on top of hers.
"VERONICA!" Bella shouted just before the ambulance had came.
••••••••••••••••
"V," Uncle Charlie says busting open the hospital room her and Bella currently resided in.
"Uncle Charlie I'm okay. I promise I am," she said as he came over to hug her.
"Oh God V, I was so worried about you. What happened?"
"Tyler almost crushed Veronica with his car. If I had been out there none of this would have happened," Bella says with a sad look in her eyes.
"Bells it's not your fault okay. It's no one's fault,"
"V, I'm so sorry please forgive me. The car was out of control and I couldn't stop it,"
"You can kiss your license goodbye," Uncle Charlie says giving Tyler a harsh glare.
"Uncle Charlie it wasn't his fault,"
"Don't try defending him Veronica. He almost killed you,"
"But he didn't. Edward he saved me. I don't know how but he did and I'm just greatful that he was able to," she said just as a cute handsome doctor with blonde hair came in.
"Chief Swan," he greeted.
"Dr. Cullen,"
"Hello. You must be Veronica Swan correct?"
"Yes that's me,"
"Veronica I'm so so sorry please forgive me," Tyler begged before her Uncle closed the curtain.
"My family talks alot about you," he said as he was examining her.
"Really? You know if it wasn't for Edward I would be crushed to pieces by now. He got to me so fast he was standing across the lot and he stopped the van with his own hand," Veronica explained causing Bella to laugh.
"V, that's kinda impossible,"
"Edward? Your boy?" Uncle Charlie asked once Dr. Cullen was done examining her.
"Yes, no injuries were made but she may experience some night terrors or stress so I'd advice to keep it low for awhile,"
"Thank you Dr. Cullen,"
"Hope to see you soon Veronica," he smiled before leaving the room. 
"You might want to call your mom,"
"YOU TOLD HER?!"
"Veronica you could have died of course I told her. She wants you home,"
"No," both Bella and Veronica said together.
"She agreed to a year. Please Uncle Charlie I don't want to go home,"
Charlie sighed looking over at his niece.
"Alright I'll see what I can do, but you and Bella wait outside while I file out paperwork," he said causing them to nod.
"V, I don't want you to go," Bella said hugging her cousin.
"I don't want to leave either Bells. I love this place,"
"VERONICA!" Rosalie yelled as she looked to see her, Edward, and Dr. Cullen talking privately.
"Stay here," she said walking over to them.
"V, I'm so glad your safe," she said hugging her.
Veronica smiled and hugged Rose back.
"I'm okay Rose really,"
"I'll see you at school okay," she said causing her to nod as her and Dr. Cullen left leaving her and Edward alone.
Veronica turned to Edward as he was staring down at her.
"Edward. I may not know how you got to me so fast, but thank you for being there," she said as she hugged him causing him to stiff before he slowly hugged her back.
"I'll always be there for you Veronica," he whispered causing her to grip him tighter taking in his scent.
"VERONICA!" Uncle Charlie yelled out.
"I guess that's my que to leave," Veronica chuckled as Edward kissed her forehead before Veronica released him.
"Edward I know there is something your not telling me but you can tell me when the time is right goodbye Edward," she said before leaving him completely.