25.

Veroncia didn't know where she was, but she knew she heard voices. One belonged to Dr. Cullen, the other her mom, and last one Uncle Charlie.
"What happened?" Her mom demanded as Veronica's eyes stayed close.
"She was in a terrible accident Ms. Swan. She was upset and driving too fast. She hit a tree with rough speed which caused her head injuries and her leg to be severed," Carlisle explained as memories started flooding back.
"Oh God will she ever wake up? Will she ever be okay?"
"I'm afraid not Ms. Swan your daughter has lost a lot of blood. She won't be alive much longer,"
"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT HER!" Her mom screamed at Uncle Charlie as the family broke into tears.
"I'm sorry Jenna. I'm so sorry," Charlie cried as Veronica eyes began to open.
Veroncia was met with bright light as she looked around the hospital room and noticed no one was there but Edward who raced towards her. He had a sorrow look in his eyes.
"Edward.... What's going on?" Veronica whispered in a hoarse voice as she placed a hand on her throat.
She realized how thirsty she really was and the burn in her throat was almost unbearable.
"I'm so sorry Veronica," Edward softly says as he closed his eyes. "I was almost done sucking out the venom but Rosalie pulled me away before I could finish. Afraid that I was going to kill you,"
"W-What are you saying that I'm a vampire now?" She asked upset as she was getting upset.
She didn't want this life. Not yet. She didn't want to remain dead forever.
"Not exactly,"
"What do you mean?"
"Close your eyes. Make sure they stay close your heart machine is about to stop. They can't see your eyes," Edward says before dashing back to his seat pretending to be asleep.
Confused, Veronica did as told just as the door had opened. She heard about four footsteps in total. Veronica tried hard not to breath deep for the sweet smell of blood was in the air.
"Veronica please don't die. Survive this for us. For your family," mom cried as she felt her weight on her.
Veronica wanted so badly to open her eyes and sink her teeth into her neck.
Her throat kept burning as the erge to drink only became stronger.
"Come on kiddo open your eyes,"
"You can't leave us cuz. Your my best friend what an I to do without you? Please stay alive. Don't leave me," Bella cried as Veronica struggled to keep still.
Now she sees what James was talking about. Her blood smelled of pure rich as she couldn't contain it any longer, but before she opened her eyes she heard the heart machine stop as the sound of Edward's voice was near.
"No. Veronica.... Baby please, please come back to me," Edward faked as a cold hand brushed her cheek.
"NO! YOU DID THIS! YOU CAUSED EVERYTHING!" Her mom shouted crying half to death. "YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED OUT OF HER LIFE! SHE COULD HAVE STILL BEEN ALIVE!"
"I'm sorry Ms. Swan. Truly i am. I should have stayed away longer,"
"Ms. Swan she's gone. It's best if you leave," Carlisle softly says as her mom's weight eases off her.
"We got to have a proper funeral for her. ASAP,"
"Yes. Anything you need. My family and I will pay for everything,"
"Thank you Dr. Cullen for doing everything you can. But if there's anything else you could do to bring her back.... Please do it," her mom says sniffing before footsteps faded away.
Once the door closes Veronica immediately sat up as Dr. Cullen held out a blood bag from his coat and. Without hesitation Veronica opened her bag and started drowning it. The burning in her throat finally soothed as she finished the bag and wiped her mouth.
"That took forever. I even thought about killing my own mother and my cousin. Any longer I would have,"
"Veronica I'm sorry for this. That we couldn't save you on time,"
"Am I an official Vampire now? As in I'm dead, I sparkle in the sun, and I can never see my family again?"
"No. Not exactly. Though the venom did spread but Edward was close to finishing it. You can still breathe, still eat, and still sleep,"
"So.... I'm half vampire then?"
"Yes. Most likely you'll be able to have speed, hunt, and super senses. You might also develop a power,"
"So I don't have to stay away from my family?"
"Veroncia they think your dead. It would be weird if you come back suddenly,"
"What if I tell them I woke up in the ground or something? That I was in a comma?"
"Alright that sounds believeable but first we have to train you. You have to wait till your eyes turn golden so you can put contacts in as a newborn it's going to be hard for you to control blood,"
Veronica nodded as her new life will begin as a half vampire with Edward Cullen.