16.

"Hey Jake," Veronica says going over to hug him when he got out the car.
"Hey V, who's the boyfriend?" He asked crossing his arms.
"Edward Cullen,"
"I thought I was your boyfriend," he says pouting causing Veronica to laugh.
"Jake you are my boyfriend. You'll be my second one how bout that?"
"I came first he should be second,"
Veronica smiled as she pinched his cheeks together.
"Don't be jealous little Jakey," she teased as he swatted her hand away with a smile.
"Stop," he said causing both of them to laugh.
"Hey Jake," Bella says appearing beside her cousin.
"Hey Bella," Jake says while waving.
"Come to visit your truck?" She asked as he lightly smiled.
Bella and Jacob left Veronica as he looked around the truck. Veronica shook her head as she went over to them.
"Looks good got that dent out,"
"Actually, we came to visit your flat screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to see you girls again especially Veronica over there," Billy says wheeling towards him.
"Aww Jakey," Veronica says kissing his cheek as he blushed.
"Great dad. Thanks,"
Just then Charlie pulls up as Veronica smiled when he got out with two six packs.
"HEY UNCLE CHARLIE!" Veronica waved as Charlie smiled.
"Hey there's my niece you doin alright?"
"Yeah I'm good Uncle,"
"Pale Ale," uncle Charlie says talking with Billy.
"Hey," Bella says standing next to Veronica as they all went inside and Charlie turned the game on.
"Hey cuzzo,"
"Look I want to apologize for yesterday. I don't know why I just got jealous when you were hanging out with Edward,"
"Do you perhaps like him?"
"Sorta. But I know he likes you alot he doesn't pay any attention to me anyways. None of his family does but I think I like someone else though I don't know,"
"Spill the beans.... Who is he?"
"His name is-"
"Any luck with the Waylon case?" Billy asked as both attention went to him.
"Found a footprint out at the crime scene today. A bare, human footprint," Charlie says as Bella gasped.
Veronica stayed quiet for she knows what really happened to Waylon but she couldn't tell anyone. 
"A person did that?" Bella asks shocked eyes.
"A crazy person, walking around barefoot this time of year," Jacob says speaking up. "You okay V?" He asked looking at her as she nodded.
"Yeah just..... Shocked is all,"
"Spread the word out at the rez, will ya? Keep the kids out of the woods," Charlie asks as Billy looked directly at Veronica who kept her eyes off of him.
"Will do. Don't want no one else getting hurt,"
*****************
Veronica was running but she couldn't really tell from what. All she knew was she was somehow in the forest barefoot with her pajamas on and hair all twisted and tangled with leaves and twigs. Veronica looked back to see if the thing was still following her, when she didn't see him she screamed when he was in front of her causing her to fall to the ground.
"Boo," the man with blonde hair, red eyes, and no shirt said as a sadistic smile was on his face.
"Veronica, Veronica, Veronica. I can see why the Cullen's wanted you, you are beautiful," he says circling around her.
"What do you want from me?" She asked as she gasped when he was suddenly on top of her with a hand to her throat. He took a good wif of her scent as his eyes seemed to only glow brighter.
"I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to change you," he says as Veronica screamed when his fangs pierced her neck.
Veronica woke up with a loud gasped and looked around to notice she was still in her room. She immediately placed a hand on her neck to find no bite marks as she sighed.
"Only a dream," she said to herself still shaken up as she got ready for the day.