11.

"So what was that back there?" Veronica asked as her and Edward were at the restaurant, but Veronica was the only one eating.
"You wouldnt believe me if I told you,"
"Try me,"
"Okay..... Veronica I feel as though I can trust you with a secret of mine,"
"Go for it,"
"I can-"
"You sure I cant get you anything?" The waitress asked in a flirty voice causing Veronica to growl whn he touched his shoulder.
Veronica could of sworn she saw a smile form on his face a little bit, but vanished as he brushed her hand off his shoulder.
"no thank you," he said with a fake smile as she walked away.
"You were jealous," he said smiling as Veronica rolled her eyes and crossed her arms; shaking her head.
"I was not now lets get back to the real subject at hand,"
"The reason how I knew what those people were thinking is because Im a mind reader,"
Veronica raised an eyebrow as it was silent between the two.
"A mind reader? Prove it Cullen," she said smirking as Edward smiled back at her.
Edward began pointing at people as he spoke.
"Work, sex, money, sex, cat, boyfriend,"
"Okay, okay I believe you," she says giggling causing Edward to smile some.
"What about me?"
"You..... Nothing it's quite frustrating not knowing what your thinking, but at the same time it's peaceful. It's nice not to hear everyone's thoughts,"
"Is there something wrong with me?" She asks causing Edward to laugh.
"I tell you that I read minds and you think there's something wrong with you?" He asked causing Veronica to smile a little.
"Well yeah..... I mean you can read everyone else's mind except mine. It makes me feel weird that you can't hear my thoughts," she replied as a blush came on her cheeks. "Then again I'm glad you can't,"
Edward smiled a little.
"Why don't you tell me what your thinking?"
"Uhhh..... I uhh....." She stutters blushing more.
Edward only laughed again.
"It's okay I should probably get you home it's getting late,"
"But I don't want too Edward. Aren't you having fun?"
"Course I am but you still have to go home. Come on,"
"Edward..... What's wrong really?"
He sighed.
"Veronica..... I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore. It kills me Everytime I do it's just... I don't wanna end up putting you in harm's way,"
"You won't Edward... I know that your there to protect me,"
"What if I'm not good enough? What if I'm not there to always protect you?"
"Edward if anything your perfect for me. I-I can't see myself without you,"
The two stared at each other what seems like forever until he began to stand up.
"Come on V, let's take you home,"
Veronica smiled as she got up with him.
*********
"Woah what's going on? That's my uncle's car... Can you pull in?" Veronica asked Edward as they passed by the poice station.
Once Edward pulled in his eyebrows knitted together in confusion.
"That's my father's car in there,"
"What's he doing here?" She asked as they both got out.
"Carlisle what's going on?"
"Waylon Forge was found in a boat near his place. I just examined the body,"
"He died? How?" Veronica questioned as she knew Waylon was Uncle Charlie's best friend.
"Animal Attack," he replied as him and Edward had a stare down almost like he was reading his mind or something.
Veronica knew it wasn't an animal; Animals don't leave there prey behind without finishing the meal. One thing popped up: Vampires.
She knows she has to talk about it  with Edward at some point.
"Veronica... You should go to your Uncle. Bella is in there with him. Waylon was his best friend,"
"Okay. See you later Edward," she says squeezing his arm before she had went inside.