8.

The first night Veronica had a dream about Edward Cullen. She was tossing and turning; whispering his name with a smile plastered on her face. Edward was watching it all with an amused smile. He was a distance away from her bed but he sped over to her and put a cool hand on her cheek.
"Mhmm Eddie," she mumbled as he chuckled causing her to slowly open her eyes.
Edward quickly pulled back and remaind in his spot where he was standing.
"Edward?" Veronica asked once she was fully awake.
The two locked eyes with each other and Veronica couldn't tell weather or not it was a dream or a reality, but when Veronica blinked he was gone within a flash.
"I had a dream about Edward last night," Veronica said inside Bella's truck since hers was getting repaired.
"Did you now? What's going on between you two?"
"I'm not sure. And my dream was hot and steamy," she said smirking as Bella made a disgusting face causing the cousin to laugh.
"Shut up your obsessed with him,"
"Am not. You can't say Edward isn't cute,"
"Well I wouldn't know haven't actually met the dude remember?"
"Oh, right. Anyone ya like yet though cuz?"
"No not yet. I don't think anyone's here for me,"
"Oh don't say that cuz. Mike's cute," she told her as soon as they pulled up the school.
"Eww definitely not,"
"Well, well look who's waiting for you," Bella smirked as Veronica saw the all of the Cullen's by there car, but Edward was specifically staring at her.
"Well guess that's my que to leave. I'll be seeing you at the field trip for bio today,"
"Alright see ya boy crazy,"
"Shut up," she told her smiling before closing the door.
"VERONICA!" Alice, and Rose shouted gripping her in a tight hug.
"Look at you. Your alive,"
"Yeah thanks to Edward," she said pulling away from the hug but screamed when she was instantly picked up by Emmett as he twirled her around.
"I'm so glad my girls okay," he said putting her down as she giggled.
"I'm fine Em, really,"
"I know. I just needed to do that,"
•••••••
Veronica and Bella we're walking together to go to the green plant field trip until Mike stopped them. Veronica could see Edward looking at her from a distance. She smiled and was about to go to him but a hand stopped her from doing so.
"Hey V, I know we don't talk much since your hanging with the creeps But-"
"Let me stop you right there," Veronica began irritated with him already.
"Do you happen to know the Cullen's?"
"Not really But-"
"But nothing Mike. You can't judge people just because they isolate themselves from other people. Don't be such a dick to them until you get to know them,"
"I'm uhh.... Sorry but I was wondering I mean I asked Bella but she's not going but would you go to prom with.... Me?" He asked as Veronica narrowed her eyes.
"So because my cousin said no I'm your back up plan?"
"Well yeah your the next best thing,"
"Narcissistic asshole," she mumbled yanking her arm away.
She proceeded to walk towards Edward with a frustrated look on her face.
"Hey,"
"Hey,"
"I'm pissed off because my cousin friend asked me to prom because she said no and I'm the back up plan. What a load of shit,"
"Hey Veronica..... I wanted to tell you something,"
"What is it?"
"I don't think we should be friends,"
"Wait what?"
"I just need you to stay away from me okay," he snapped before walking away.
Bella came up to her and looked over at Edward who walked in the bus.
"What's his problem?"
"I don't know nor do I care anymore," she snapped getting in the bus with her cousin following behind her.
The teacher was explaining things and Tyler and his idiot friends were drinking a nasty thing as the teacher told them not to drink that.
"Are you okay?" Bella asked as she noticed how quiet her cousin became after the Edward situation.
"Just fine Bells," she replied with a fake smile just when Jessica came up to them.
"Bella! Oh.... hi Veronica but you two will never guess who asked me to prom,"
"That asshole Mike?"
"Not an asshole but yeah,"
"What my cuz met to say was were happy for you Jessica. And we hope you have a good time with him,"
"Thanks I totally thought he was going to ask you two out but guess not,"
"Umm.... Hi," Veronica heard Edward say as he began walking next to Veronica as she rolled her eyes.
"Oh.... Hi Edward what's up?" Jessica asked fake smile on her face.
"Can I borrow Veronica?"
"No," she said but didn't object when Edward's cold hand grabbed her warm one away from her cousin.
Edward didn't let go as they began walking a comfortable silence was between them until Veronica broke it.
"I thought you wanted to stay away from me,"
"I do but it's not like I can't,"
"Why?"
"Because Veronica I need to be around you if I'm not I go crazy,"
"Same with me Edward but you keep pushing me away,"
"Because Veronica I'm dangerous I just don't want you getting hurt,"
"Dangerous what does that supposed to mean?"
Edward grew silent causing Veronica to sigh as she let go of his hand.
"Why don't you answer any of my questions?"
"Because V, you won't believe me if I told you the truth,"
Veronica chuckled closing her eyes.
"Edward I can handle anything you know that,"
"I-I just can't," he said before walking away.
After the field trip Rosalie and Alice went up to Veronica as she was walking with Bella back to the bus.
"Hey V, you riding with us?" Alice asked with hope in her eyes.
Before Veronica could respond Edward walked towards them giving her a harsh glare.
"No the bus is already full," he said before getting into his bus.
"God your brother is an ass,"
"But you love him," Alice giggled causing her to roll her eyes as she got on the bus with Bella.