20.

"Honey why don't you want to come home?" Her mom asked as she was on the phone with her when they got home.
"Mom...... I've found someone who I really want to be with. And if I leave it's like leaving a piece of me behind,"
"Sweetie..... Can't he visit or something?"
"Mom it's not the same.... I'm really close with him and his family. I'm hoping you can come visit instead,"
"Veronica Cassidy Swan I am.your mother you do as I say and you are coming home on New Year's that's final!" Her mom shouted before hanging up the phone.
Veronica sighed as she couldn't help but have tears run down her face. She didn't want to leave Edward and his family they meant a lot to her.
"Your crying," Veronica heard a new voice say causing her to gasp as she turned to see Edward at her bedside.
"E-Edward when did you get here?"
"Just now.... I heard bits and pieces of your conversation with your mom. Just give her time she'll come around," he says grabbing her face and wiping the tears away.
Veronica looked into Edward's beautiful golden eyes as they both began to lean in. Before lips could touch, Veronica gasped as the door began to slowly open. When she looked back Edward was gone.
"V?" Bella asked as she entered in.
"What's up Bells?" She asked a little annoyed for ruining what could have been a kiss.
"How's your mom? She letting you stay?" She asked sitting on the bed next to her cousin.
"No. But she'll come around. Once she knows how happy I am,"
Bella opened her mouth but a honk outside caused her to stop as they both went outside to see who it was.  Veronica grinned rushing downstairs as to Charlie with Bella trailing behind her. She found Charlie wiping and cleaning his gun.
"Uncle Charlie?"
"Hmm?" He asked stopping to look at her.
"I'm going out with Edward today,"
"Right now?" He asked raised eyebrow.
"Mhmm he's outside. He really wants to meet you,"
"Alright," he says cocking the rifle back in place as Veronica rolled her eyes.
"Please be nice,"
"No promises," he says as the three went to the front door to see Edward there.
"Hello chief Swan. I'm Edward Cullen,"
"Yeah I know who you are. Do you know who I am?"
"The chief of police,"
"Exactly. You had her out late last night,"
"I know but you don't have to worry sir. She's safe with me I promise," he says looking directly at her causing Veronica to smile back at him.
Charlie looks between the two and sighed.
"Alright. Just know I know how to hunt people," he says as Veronica went to stand by Edward.
"Alright Uncle Charlie bye," she waved  as her and Edward were out the door.
Veronica sighed when they got in the car.
"That went well,"
He chuckled.
"No kidding. Your uncle was thinking different ways to kill me. If only he knew he can't,"
"I'm curious though..... How do vampires die?"
"Rip our heads  off and burn us into ashes then we can't come back,"
"Sounds-"
"Brutal? Yeah I know,"
**********
"THERE SHE IS!" Emmett shouted as we pulled up next to the Jeep.
Veroncia got out only to be engulfed in a huge bone crushing hug by Emmett.
"Em can't breathe," she says as he let her go.
"Hello Veronica. Good thing your here we need an umpire," Esme says greeting her with a hug.
"V, she thinks we cheat," Emmett says grinning.
"I know you cheat. Call em as you see em Veroncia," she says causing her to laugh.
"Will do Esme,"
"It's time," Alice says as she was the one pitching as a roll of thunder shook the forest.
Alice pitches with lightning-fast speed. Edward and Emmett take positions in the outfield. Rosalie smashes the ball with the aluminum bat. It cracks like thunder and is followed directly by real thunder.
"Woah I can see why you guys need thunder," Veronica told Esme amused.
The ball shoots like a meteor deep into the forest, rocketing through the trees. Edward disappears after it.
"Wow he's fast,"
"Yes very fast," Esme agrees smirking.
Rosalie darts around the bases, almost a blur as Edward races out of the forest with the ball and whips it to home plate. Esme catches it a millisecond before Rosalie slides in.
"Your out Rose," Veronica says smirking as Rose laughed.
"Shut up V," she says with an eye roll.
Veroncia watches as Dr. Cullen hits a line drive. Edward and Emmett race for the catch, diving 15 feet and colliding with such might that it sounds like enormous boulders as they fell to the ground falling while laughing. Jasper was next as he whacks the next pitch deep into the forest. But before Edward can chase it, Alice suddenly gasped.
"STOP! I DIDN'T SEE THEM!" Alice screams out confusing Veronica as everyone stops.
Edward was at Veronica's side within a second as everyone gathered around Alice.
"They're traveling so quickly,"
"Who?" Veroncia asks curious.
"You said they left the country," Rosalie says panicked.
"They did. Then they heard us and changed their mind,"
"We have to protect Veronica they can't know she's human," Rose says as Edward turned to her.
"Put your hair up," Edward says as she nodded and put her hair back into a pony tail.
Jasper shook his head.
"That's not going to help I can smell her from over here," he says worried look in his eyes.
"I shouldn't have brought you here. I'm sorry V," Edward says sympathy in his voice as Veronica grabbed his icy cold hand.