15.

"Does someone have to be dying to be like you?" Veronica asked Edward as they were at a restaurant and once again she was the only one eating although now she at least knows why.
"No, that's just Carlisle. He would never do... this, to someone who had another choice,"
"So.... Is he the reason why you guys hunt animals instead of people?"
"Not the only reason..... I don't want to be a monster,"
Veronica nods her head as Edward continued.
"We call ourselves vegetarians, by the way... For our kind, hunting animals is like living on tofu. It keeps you strong but isn't very satisfying,"
"What about your other family members? Does everyone read minds like you?" She asked picking up a meatball with a fork.
Edward chuckled and closed his eyes.
"Is there anything I can get you both?" A waiter asked as he smiled over at Veronica.
"No we're fine thank you," Edward says venom dripping from his voice.
The waiter nodded as he placed a hand on Veronica's shoulder before leaving.
"What was that about?"
"I just hated the way he was thinking about you," Edward said balling his hand in a fist. "But to answer your earlier question no. That's just unique to me Alice can see the future, Jasper can change and feel other people's emotions, Emmett has super strength, and Rosalie has the power of beauty,"
"I bet Alice saw me coming then, is that why they all took a liking to me so quickly?"
"Alice's visions are very subjective. The future can change. And no they like you for your kindness, your sweet nature brings confort to them. They already accepted you as part of the family," Edward says with a small smile.
"Do they know I have to leave next year though? I do have to go back home," she asked as her eyes dropped to sadness.
Believe it or not Veronica was really starting to love Forks. She wished she could stay longer with Edward and his family. She felt like she belonged with them. Edward placed a cold hand on top of Veronica's as a smile she grown to love was on his face.
"Alice never saw you leaving," he said causing Veronica to smile wide.
"Does that mean I'm staying?"
"For now yes. But you've got to convince your mother to let you stay longer,"
"That's impossible.... Hey maybe if you meet her and she likes you that'll convince her,"
"Perhaps but we do got a while before that. Come on let's go I'm not comfortable with that man staring at you,"
"Who?" She asked turning to see the waiter taking someone else's order kept glancing over at her.
"Right let's go,"
************
It was the next day and Veronica was singing to her music while washing her car. She was moving to the best until she heard a loud bang on top of Bella's truck. She gasped and turned her head to see a smiling Edward as he jumped down from the truck. Veronica smiled and greeted him in a hug as she took out her ear buds.
"Come to my house tomorrow. Carlisle and Esme wants to meet you,"
"Well Carlisle already met me.... But I haven't met Esme. What if she doesn't like me?"
Edward rose his eyebrow.
"Are you serious? Esme will adore you just like everyone else does. She's very kind hearted so you don't have to worry,"
"Hmmm.... Alright I'll go," she responds as Edward gently kisses her on the lips.
Veronica smiled and kissed him back before he pulled away as he frowned.
"What's wrong?" She asks as she looks to where he's looking at to see a black car pulling up.
"A complication. I'll pick you up tomorrow," he says kissing her forehead before leaving a confused Veronica behind.