22.

Veroncia was driving with tear stained eyes making it hard to see down the road. She felt something on top of the roof of her car causing her to gasp as Edward was outside her window in the passenger side. Veroncia took a relief breath. She unlocked her door and wiped her tears away as Edward climbed in.
"They will forgive you Veronica," he says grabbing a free hand.
"You didn't see the looks on their faces. Bella was begging me not to leave I feel like I've hurt her the most,"
"There both safe now V. The tracker is following us. If you would have stayed there he would of used them as a pawn to get you,"
"I guess your right,"
************
Edward, Emmett and Alice rush Veronica from the car to the house when they got there but freeze when the door opens and Laurent exits. They immediately take defensive positions but Carlisle appears.
"He came to warn us about James,"
"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years.... And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her. Veroncia I'm sorry for this. Truly I am," he says looking at her before disappearing into the woods.
"Well.... At least he's not after me," Veronica comments as the Cullen's looked over at her.
The side door to the garage opens  as Edward and the others enter, followed by Veronica. The lights flip on to reveal a pristine garage; the Volvo, the red BMW, a black Mercedes sedan, an SUV. Everyone begins springs into action, opening cupboards for supplies; cell phones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, etc. As they load up the vehicle.
"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill," Jasper explains as Veronica looked over at him.
"But not impossible right?" She asks as he nodded his head.
"We'll tear him up into pieces and burn him to ashes," Edward explains in a rush.
"Yeah. It'll be a fun thing to do especially when I get my hands on him," Emmett says while looking at Veronica. "Your my sister now and it's my job more than ever to protect you V,"
Veronica smiled at him as she went over to give him a hug which he returns.
"Thanks Em. Do me a favor and don't die on me please," she says as a few tears run down her face.
"You got it V, I promise," Veronica smiled as she let go of him and went back to Edward who nodded at Emmett in thanks.
"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James," Carlisle said as Rosalie was sitting on the counter.
"It's the only way Carlisle. He's after Veronica and we need to keep her safe at all times," Rosalie says determination in her voice.
"This is insane guys. I don't want either of you getting hurt because of me. I don't know what I'll do without any of you,"
Rosalie sighed as she sped over to Veronica and gave her a tight hug which she gladly returned.
"Nothing will happen to us V, we live to protect you,"
"Rosalie," Veronica cried as she shushed her and began stroking her hair to soothe her.
"I'll run Veronica south while you guys lead the tracker away," Edward says as Veronica stops crying and wipes her tears away and let's go of Rose.
"No, Edward the tracker knows you won't leave Veroncia. He'll follow both of you,"
"Carlisle's right. Jasper and I will go with V. We'll keep her safe,"
Edward sighs frustrated as they usher her into the car. Veroncia took a look back at Edward with a worried glance before getting in.
"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward ask Alice as he tossed her the keys.
"Yes,"
Edward opens up one of Veronica's suitcases and tosses her clothes to Rosalie.
"Esme, Rosalie, put these on so the tracker will pick up Veronica's scent instead,"
Rosalie nodded and quickly put on Veronica's clothes as Edward went over to her.
"Edward..... I just found you. I can't bear to lose any of you guys,"
"We won't, there are five of us, two of them. When it's done, I'll come get you. I promise," he assured her bringing his forehead onto hers. "Veronica.... I wasn't sure about you when we first met but the more I got to know you the more I grew to love you. I've been waiting my whole existence for you. I love you Veronica Cassidy Swan. You are my life now,"
Veronica couldn't help but cry again as Edward brought his lips down to hers thinking it might be the last time he'll ever see her. Veroncia didn't hesitate to kiss back with tears still in her eyes. When Edward pulled away, he wiped the tears from her face.
"I love you Edward," she softly says before the engine turns on and Alice speeds out of the garage.